[Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (BangGood Edition) - Closed

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
que20

Re: [Pre-Order] Safe Shutdown Switch (BangGood Edition) - Closed

Post by que20 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:07 am

@Camble you dont use a LM393 in your board ?

cobramike

Post by cobramike » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 am

Camble wrote:
gargoyle67 wrote:
Camble wrote:@cobramike I'm about to start assembly of the boards. In future, I'm going to pay for assembly. I simply can't meet the demand building these myself and posting them all out.
Happy to do this myself if you want to just throw all the bit's in a bag and send them :)
You might like something like this:
[spoiler="DIY version"]Image
Image[/spoiler]

@epicpwn This board is designed with a switch in mind, but should work with a push button. You'd need to hold the button long enough for the Pi to take over keeping it alive though. There may be an issue if you are unable to shut down the Pi for whatever reason though.
ja me to i like it. stf... and take my money. when can i ordwr this one. or are you gonna sent me this like that that woot be great.
Whooo Stop befor ask in a post. First use the search or the wiki befor you make a topic.. Just saying.........

Camble

Post by Camble » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

@que20 Yes. One of the LM393's comparators is connected. To use the other would require yet another GPIO pin connection. My next board will use I²C to talk to the Pi.

@BadBert It alerts at 3.3v. You can choose to shutdown or wait for 5 minutes or something then shut down. It's not difficult to add a timer. My new script will likely alert you, then after a few minutes give a final warning before shutting down 60 seconds later.

BadBert

Post by BadBert » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 am

@Camble awsome :) sounds perfect
My first GBZ build -=HERE=- -> Became a gift to my little brother!
My 2nd GBZ build -=WIP HERE=- -> going with HDMI!

Camble

Post by Camble » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:14 am

I thought I should post a quick update. I've been quite busy lately with work and other stuff, so assembly has been a little slow. I'm still working through the boards and will be sending the first few out this weekend. It shouldn't be much longer before they're all posted. Thanks for everyone's patience.

zeldaxpro

Post by zeldaxpro » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:50 pm

@Camble I know that the thread is closed due to demand and being sold out, but do you think it would be possible to have the gerber files or file associated with the PCB? I plan on using a BangGood edition in my build, but would want to modify the dimensions and size, as well as add a few other things. If you do not want to give out the gerber/pcb files, what about a schematic for the bangood edition? If you could that would be awesome! I think that would be really beneficial for everyone on here in the community.

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 am

@zeldaxpro The first issue is time. My initial PowerBoost version started as a DIY guide, but maintaining and supporting such a guide takes up a lot of my time. Most of my time is taken up with fulfilling orders of PCBs. The second issue is that I'm reluctant to release a schematic that is continually changing. The next batch of boards will have small revisions and fixes, and I am currently designing complete new versions.

If you'd like to build a similar latching switch, I can point you in the right direction. And you don't need to use surface mount components, I'm sure DIP packaging is available.

You'll need a dual MOSFET P+N chip (IRF7319) and two high value resistors, 100K-300K.

You could use separate MOSFETs (one P-channel and one N-channel). Both should be able to handle 1A.

The low battery alert is handled by a comparator (an LM393 dual comparator in this case), but I am dropping this in favour of analog readings.

I recommend this video to get a general idea of how such a circuit works. (I don't know your level of electronics understanding)

Hope this helps.

zeldaxpro

Post by zeldaxpro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Camble wrote:@zeldaxpro The first issue is time. My initial PowerBoost version started as a DIY guide, but maintaining and supporting such a guide takes up a lot of my time. Most of my time is taken up with fulfilling orders of PCBs. The second issue is that I'm reluctant to release a schematic that is continually changing. The next batch of boards will have small revisions and fixes, and I am currently designing complete new versions.

If you'd like to build a similar latching switch, I can point you in the right direction. And you don't need to use surface mount components, I'm sure DIP packaging is available.

You'll need a dual MOSFET P+N chip (IRF7319) and two high value resistors, 100K-300K.

You could use separate MOSFETs (one P-channel and one N-channel). Both should be able to handle 1A.

The low battery alert is handled by a comparator (an LM393 dual comparator in this case), but I am dropping this in favour of analog readings.

I recommend this video to get a general idea of how such a circuit works. (I don't know your level of electronics understanding)

Hope this helps.
@Camble thanks for the info! I am sure that you are extremely busy and the design is constantly changing, but would it possible to get the gerber files for the current design that you have and that is working? It would be alot easier to just buy the components, get the board made, and reflow/solder the components to have a working unit, as I am not too familiar with electronic schematics. Thanks!

Camble

Post by Camble » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:38 pm

@zeldaxpro I'm afraid not.

zeldaxpro

Post by zeldaxpro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Camble wrote:@zeldaxpro I'm afraid not.
@Camble alrighty then.