[FOR SALE] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost)

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Endprodukt

Re: [FOR SALE] Safe Shutdown v1.2 (for PowerBoost)

Post by Endprodukt » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Camble wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm
@Endprodukt Are you using the PowerBoost or the Generic version?
I'm using the Power Boost 1000c. I read this:

"I think the only way round this is to go back to using a JFET, or by removing the 200K Enable pull-up from the PowerBoost. The JFET worked well but as soon as a charging cable touched the USB port, the power would die. I'd also rather avoid having to modify existing hardware to get this board to work."

Would removing the 200K actually work? Oh and another question: It turns out the 1000c isn't powerfull enough for my project so I might have to use a 1000 basic. Would it work with the safe shutdown? Thanks for your great work!

Olli

Camble

Post by Camble » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Endprodukt wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm
Would removing the 200K actually work? Oh and another question: It turns out the 1000c isn't powerfull enough for my project so I might have to use a 1000 basic. Would it work with the safe shutdown? Thanks for your great work!
That comment on the 200K pull-ups resistor is not relevant for the existing board. Please don't go modifying the PowerBoost. I take no responsibility if you damage it!

I can't say much on the 1000 basic, if it has an EN pin it should work though.
Last edited by Camble on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endprodukt

Post by Endprodukt » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Camble wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Endprodukt wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm
@Endprodukt Are you using the PowerBoost or the Generic version?
That comment on the 200K pull-ups resistor is not relevant for the existing board. Please don't go modifying the PowerBoost. I take no responsibility if you damage it!

I can't say much on the 1000 basic, if it has an EN pin it should work though.
[/quote]

I don't modify anything as long as I don't know if it solves my actual problems with the vids not showing on low battery :). The 1000 basic actually has all the pins the 1000c has. EN/LB/GND. It skips the charger circuitry which allows for much higher currents from the battery (up to 4A). So reading the low battery status from the 1000b should be possible.

DrumSergio

Post by DrumSergio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 am

Hi!

I am considering this PCB in order to add it to a Pi Zero W + PowerBoost 1000C + PaPiRus Zero.
My concern is that the Safe Shutdown v1.2 maybe is not compatible with the PaPiRus Zero. This is the pinout for the PaPiRus Zero https://es.pinout.xyz/pinout/papirus_zero
It says that the PaPiRus uses the BCM 17 for the temp sensor. But the Safe Shutdown v1.2 also uses that pin!

What could we do in order to make them compatible?
Are there other concerns I may not be aware of?... Just in case.

Thank you!

EDIT:
Another question:
The shipping includes a DPDT switch. Does it have a sample schematic explaining how to wire it? Would it directly connect to the pins of the PowerBoost? And what are the other two pins for, then?
I ask this question because I have not seen it on the wiring image on the first post.

Camble

Post by Camble » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:24 am

@DrumSergio

The pins can be configured in software so that shouldn't be an issue.
As for the switch, it's in place on the board when it arrives. You simply need to solder the pins in place.

skudave

Post by skudave » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:25 am

Hey I'm having trouble with getting my system to shut down properly. Clean install of retropie 4.4, followed the safe shutdown install method, rebooted, and the shutdown switch does nothing. But if I run the script via ssh, then hit the switch it does shutdown. So is there a possible reason it's not running at boot? I see the expected line in the crontab so I'm at a loss here.

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 am

Check file permissions, seems to be an issue of execution permission or something similar...
Follow me on instagram Image

Endprodukt

Post by Endprodukt » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 pm

So I switched to a 1000b and it does work as expected with boot up and shut down. I still have no low battery warning + safe shutdown though.

Low Battery indicator will start to blink until it's constantly on and after about 5 minutes the system will just shut off without booting down or giving me a warning.

To be sure everything is ok technically I measured that the low battery warning led will turn on as soon as the battery measures at 3.29 volts.

pyterv

Post by pyterv » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:14 am

how many weeks do the shipment take?

MrErickson

Post by MrErickson » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Got a couple ordered, these plus my batteries should be all I need to start assembly.