[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Billy Blaze

Re: [NEW STOCK IN] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Billy Blaze » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:49 pm

SpoilerShow
VeteranGamer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:36 am
these battery will have a protection board...
this is where the positive and negative wires are soldered/connected too (the ones that have become detached)

some thing similar to this...
(its the board thats showing under the blue wrapping on your)

index.jpg

NOTE:
the board in this battery may/will not be the same...

but nearly all I've seen will have clear soldered/connection point/pads with appropriate markings indicating which is positive and which is negative....

a rule of thumb is generally not to pierce or expose a LIPO battery....
but in your case (I COULD BE WRONG) the blue wrapping is just there to keep the actual LIPO battery safe/secure
(I think there are more than one actual LIPO battery under the blue wrapping)

Personally I would just expose the board a little bit more and not to completely unwrap the blue wrapping....
and proving your competent in basic soldering you only need to see on the board where the positive/negative points are and carefully solder the wires back onto the the board....

and then just use some kapton tape to seal everything up....
you could also use some electrical insulation tape

you are doing this at your own risk....
if you are unsure about any of this...
then just buy a new battery
great success! I managed to fix everything.
thanks a thousand for guiding me through the process and pointing me towards important things I needed to be aware of.

SmiddyJR

Post by SmiddyJR » Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 am

Hi,

I ordered this battery and it's looking great.
I took out the battery separators and such in the compartment but the door won't close
Does the door need shaved back a little ?
Attachments
IMG_20200519_155001.jpg
IMG_20200519_155001.jpg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 15167 times

JustPlainBill

Post by JustPlainBill » Tue May 19, 2020 5:18 pm

SmiddyJR wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 am
Hi,

I ordered this battery and it's looking great.
I took out the battery separators and such in the compartment but the door won't close
Does the door need shaved back a little ?
You might have to. Also the wires coming from you battery connector could be a little flatter, it looks like they stick up above the connector. In my build I routed them the same way you have, but I brought mine into the battery compartment a little ways before turning them around to go back out. This way they lay flat.

djascher

Post by djascher » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:19 pm

OK, bit of help here...

I bought all my kit (kite CS, dextech battery) back in 2018 and it's been sitting in storage waiting on my build, which I hope to start very soon.

My question concerns my dextech battery... in kite's CS instructions it says the following step:
3. Unplug the USB C cable then plug in the battery (WARNING: USING A CONNECTOR WITH THE WRONG PIN-OUT WILL BREAK THE CIRCUIT SWORD)

does the dextech have the correct connector? or does it's wire need cutting and soldering onto the CS?

djascher

Re: [NEW STOCK SOON] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by djascher » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Dextech wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:09 am
Chumples wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Hello I searched through quite a few pages on this post but could not find out if the pinout could be plugged right into Kite's Circuit Sword. I did hear of people shorting out the Circuit sword because the battery pinout was backwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I want to start on this project asap. Thanks!
It's plug-n-play ready for Kite's boards ;)
Has this always been true or were there earlier batches of the battery with the expected polarity switched? About to use mine from early 2018 for the first time...

gizmo

Post by gizmo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:02 am

I'm in a similar(ish) situation to a few folks here it seems. I've a first run of Dextech's battery (early 2017, time flies!) which I'm about to connect up to my equally first run ver of kite's SAIO. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the connector, but just to double check, it should be fine shouldn't it? Other than soldering the mainboard solder jumper to 3.3V and simply plugging the battery into the LIPO BATT connector, that should be it? I presume the battery is either low or flat but plugging in USB will charge it? Would it be best to check the battery voltage with a multimeter beforehand?

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi guys, sorry for late reply :roll: Battery pin polarity hasn't changed since day one so you are good here. When connecting to any baord just check with multimeter where is your ground/negative connection. Depending on a board you will find ground around screw holes, on common side of tactile buttons and simmilar and check if it goes to the same pin where black wire from battery gets connected. That is all, no rocket sience here but be sure before connecting battery as it packs a lot of energy and can do quite some damage to your board ;)
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

xxrob511

Post by xxrob511 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:21 pm

It seems helder stop selling his megabat. I bought this battery way back. Is the seller still selling?

sztojanov

Post by sztojanov » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:49 pm

bad news... alternate source needed! please keep informed, thank!