[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
TheDeviantZen

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by TheDeviantZen » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:55 pm

Hey Dex,
Any updates? Keep us informed

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:14 am

Sorry guys for bit of radio silence.... Here's a deal, at the moment I'm still not sure if they'll deliver my parcels from Croatia. One week ago I've sent one test package with new "pocket light" setup to HoolyHoo whom I still owe a battery and frickin' thing still isn't on an airplane bound to East Coast. It took almost a week for package to get from Croatia to Slovenia at wich point I thought I was getting it back as a refused delivery by Croatian customs office but today I saw that Slovenian customs office sent it back to Croatia. So I guess our customs office don't share Croatia's opinion about it being a forbiden item. So at this point I'm still hovering in mid air and not knowing wich way it'll go....being delivered or not. And this is freaking me out because I don't want to risk $1500 in postage for things not to get delivered.
As for orders shipped so far...those of you who got email notiffications about orders being shipped are ones whos orders got shipped. Anyone else who hasn't received any notiffication so far those orders are still with me due to problems described above. Once this delivery issues are cleared everything will be send.
Again sorry for all new delays but this thing is kind of out of my hands....it's all up to Croatia's customs office when they decide my "pocket light" fits their deffinition of device with built in non-removable lithium battery that is safe for air shipment.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Box

Post by Box » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:32 am

Thanks for the update Dex! One question for clarification though. Are the remaining orders all waiting for air mail shipments then? I for one wouldn't mind it coming the slow ground method instead, just to avoid any shipping problems, and to know that it is on it's way. Is that possible with an order coming to the USA?

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 am

Standard shipping to USA is possible and all standard shipments to USA were sent out couple of weeks ago. But I'm yet to receive any confirmation of delivery for orders being shipped this way.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Crainium17

Post by Crainium17 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 am

If you end up with spares do to shipping issues I too am in the USA and would buy one or two!

Box

Post by Box » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Dextech wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 am
Standard shipping to USA is possible and all standard shipments to USA were sent out couple of weeks ago. But I'm yet to receive any confirmation of delivery for orders being shipped this way.
Ok, I was just curious since my order was supposed to be standard shipping, but I never received an email.

atamagaokashii

Post by atamagaokashii » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 am

Any news for those of us with signed orders in the USA, dex?
Edit: no rush I realize not much can happen in 4 days for international shipping, I'm just anxious. I've got 99% of the soldering done on my gbz and now it's just case modding and tracking down a local supplier of tactile buttons... And your battery :-)

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:49 am

atamagaokashii wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 am
Any news for those of us with signed orders in the USA, dex?
Yep, and it's not good. After two weeks of passing around yesterday I received my test package back - again for same reason: battery, forbidden.
So there goes few $100 down the toilet I've spent on switches and leds and it's back to square one.
I see no point in arguing with customs officers in Croatia because they are the law and can do as they please. So I'll have to take whole new angle on this thing.
Idea now is to find Chinese solar light manufacturer where built in battery is part of device and have them use my battery instead of their standard one. Then have another Chinese shipping company collect them, pack and ship them to you guys.
I know there are people in China who sell lipo cells and send them in paded envelope and it somehow arrives to buyers on the other side of the world, but when I ask any Chinese shipping company they tell me they can't send cells nor powerbanks with standard airmail. It has to be some DEVICE with built in battery.
So this is the route I'm taking. Unfurtunately to finance all this I'll have to start selling remaining batteries to EU customers ( maybe also US with standard shipping but it's taking waaaaay to long to deliver and I'm uncomfortable doing this without tracking). So I guess order page will be up in few days and link posted here.
If any of you has some other solution I'm open for it.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Chrisagu28

Post by Chrisagu28 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 am

Well being from the US, I willing to be your tester here on the shipping time without tracking and willing to take a risk. If it gets lost or turned around, I am not upset and willing to take a gamble. I will keep you updated of when or if it arrives to help you out, plus I would like to help you out since you are trying so hard to get these batteries out and you are having a tough time. Been subscribed to the thread since the end of the pre-order (missed it by a day). If it doesn't work then you can keep the funds as a thank you for the attempt and use the money towards getting a method of getting the batteries to other people in the community. :)

ThatOtherPerson1

Post by ThatOtherPerson1 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 am

Chrisagu28 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 am
Well being from the US, I willing to be your tester here on the shipping time without tracking and willing to take a risk. If it gets lost or turned around, I am not upset and willing to take a gamble. I will keep you updated of when or if it arrives to help you out, plus I would like to help you out since you are trying so hard to get these batteries out and you are having a tough time. Been subscribed to the thread since the end of the pre-order (missed it by a day). If it doesn't work then you can keep the funds as a thank you for the attempt and use the money towards getting a method of getting the batteries to other people in the community. :)
I am willing to do this as well to help out.

Missed the pre-order, but have been watching the thread for a long time and you've had a hard time with it and could use a little help. I live in the US on the West Coast.