[OUT OF STOCK] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Dextech

Re: [PREORDER] Custom GBZ lipo battery pack

Post by Dextech » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:30 pm

All standard shipping US orders were sent out and recipients should have received email notification about that. If you haven't pm me your paypal email so I can double check. If you switched from US signed for to standard before I went to vacation last week it should have also been shipped and notified by email, if email did not come pm me with paypal address. Couple of orders who switched this or last week to standard are yet to be shipped.
EU orders of more than one battery are more or less shipped.
If you would like to know status of your order pm me your paypal address you made order from.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Pitygsi

Post by Pitygsi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Hoverfly wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 am
Barcelona, Spain received!!! ^^ Thank you!
Hello Dextech, I live in Spain too (in Granada) and not received my battery. They was sent?

Please give me information.

Thanks in advance,

Jesús.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Pitygsi wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 pm
Hoverfly wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 am
Barcelona, Spain received!!! ^^ Thank you!
Hello Dextech, I live in Spain too (in Granada) and not received my battery. They was sent?

Please give me information.

Thanks in advance,

Jesús.
Please read Dextech's message directly above yours. He's asking for you to send him a PM with your PayPal e-mail address so he can check the status.

muniosi

Post by muniosi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Well guys, after only a week or so with my battery one of the wires broke. I've emailed Dex to inquire about a replacement but I don't have high hopes. Has this happened to anyone else?
Broken wireShow
I've just finished my milk.

Dukana

Post by Dukana » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm

muniosi wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
Well guys, after only a week or so with my battery one of the wires broke. I've emailed Dex to inquire about a replacement but I don't have high hopes. Has this happened to anyone else?
Broken wireShow
The link is broken, so I can't see the picture, but could you try to re-solder the wire yourself!

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Got mine today :) didn't tested it yet

nod2121

Post by nod2121 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:01 am

Hey Dextech, it seems like people are starting to receive their batteries.
What are the odds that you'll sell any extra batteries you have or open up another round of perorders?

mike_louisxvi

Post by mike_louisxvi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Alright, well after 50 days (or 7 full weeks) of waiting from the time I was told it was put into the mail, I am very happy to say that I finally received my battery!

The total time since initial ordering turned out to be 20 weeks, or 5 months, whereas I think the quoted time was 8 weeks (haha). I'm not trying to be annoying or whiny by posting this, and I am very happy it finally arrived and I really give it up to Dex for the work he has put in, but I would like people to really understand how long this all took because I see a lot of people asking about extra batteries and about ordering from another batch. Hopefully he is working with those people directly or has a new plan for this. I really hope that Dex works out the shipping a lot better this next time, and avoids the hassle that not only all of us seem to have gone through, but how much he went through with all the added costs and presumed out of pocket expense. I cannot see how it would be worth it for him to make another preorder without really working out shipping and handling really well next time, or just limiting it to Europe. I hope to hear updates about this because I would honestly buy another one if it weren't for that arduous and blind wait time. I'm not totally sure if this was the experience of everyone here either, but that was my experience here in western US. I realize the 3 months prior to him sending it out were to get the battery produced, sent from manufacturer, packaged and all of that, so I assume any other orders will be faster than this. I recall the Chinese new year upsetting the timeline. I hope Dex fully works the wait times out and explains everything to us if there is another preorder.

If you are working on your project and the last thing you need is a battery to finally finish it, you should probably expect a decently long wait time for shipping if this hasn't been resolved by the time you order, and also expect to be completely in the dark as to where it is at since there likely wont ever be tracked shipping to and in the United States unless something is worked out. I speak solely as a resident of Southern California here, so I assume those in Europe probably all got theirs by now. Again, not sure about others' experiences, just speaking from my own.

All of this being said, I am really liking the battery so far. My favorite thing about it aside from form factor and capacity (which I haven't tested yet) is that seems to give the device a realer, weightier feeling. It feels less like a cheap plastic thing and more like an actual Gameboy now. It's a small thing, but it really makes it a lot more enjoyable to hold. I haven't been able to test the life of the battery or anything of course, but I'm sure its good. The JST is the perfect size for Kites board, and finally nothing feels like its rattling around inside (I was using a thinner, ill fitting battery before).

I hope everyone gets theirs soon if they haven't yet.

Thanks

PS:

Perhaps next time when you have them produced by the Chinese manufacturer, maybe you can have a batch sent directly to the US and received through a liaison who can then send them out to people from there with fully tracked shipping. Just a thought I had.

Dextech

Post by Dextech » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:28 pm

To not keep you in the dark on this topic, I am working with Chinese to resolve remaining orders that are yet to be shipped and for next batch of fresh batteries to be offered for purchase. Battery samples have been sent from battery manufacturer to solar light manufacturer and confirmed they fit inside solar light. It has also been confirmed by Chinese storage/shipping company that global airplane delivery of solar lights with my built in battery is not problematic, tracking of packages will also be possible and they said delivery time should be in range of 10 days. So all of you who are still waiting your batteries will receive them in couple of weeks time with solar light.
Any one else interested in batteries I have in stock (some were ordered extra some are here because I can't send them) they will be offered for purchase with standard shipping to US, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic and signed for shipping via GLS for continental EU residents and UK until they leave EU. Order link will be up any day now I just need prices from GLS for couple more countries. Basically with money from batteries in stock I'll be financing new batch to made and shipped from China globally - to ones still waiting and what is left over for others. Any other batch after that will also be fully processed in China with traceable world wide delivery.
Don't grow up.
It's a trap.

Elmafioso90

Post by Elmafioso90 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:34 pm

You are the man, Dextech! I've been reading for a couple of months this thread, and like the guy from the US was saying, being up for future batches after all the trouble this caused to you, and even working out complete shipment from China is at least, worth of respect! Well done.