[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
tralalem

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by tralalem » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:19 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
tralalem wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:
How did you solder your LED's? If you soldered through the top (the side with Kites logo) and not the bottom or through hole then there should be no modification necessary to bracket. Otherwise some cutting might be required.
I soldered the LEDs like in KITE guide, they are too low and touching the plastic of the frame, even with a bit removed they are still touching the LCD I think. I will try to remove them and solder them to be at the other side of the board.
If you solder them on top with the legs straight and sitting on top of the board, you should be fine.
Just removed them and soldered them from the different side of the board, also with the legs bend so that the LEDs point to the top of the case. I think it will fit this way. But now I need to desolder two of the LEDs again and replace with new once (I'm glad that I have the same at home). I think I damaged the one for charging and power as they stay off all the time now, maybe got too hot during desoldering.

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:35 am

I've marked the case via the AIO and it doesn't seem central in the button weeks on the bracket. Is there a way to verify the location on the button wells on the model? Maybe the print warped.
Attachments
20170313_151505.jpg
20170313_151505.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 16913 times

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:40 am

DarrylUK wrote:I've marked the case via the AIO and it doesn't seem central in the button weeks on the bracket. Is there a way to verify the location on the button wells on the model? Maybe the print warped.
I can't say for your print, but that is a possibility. You can drill your holes center to the bracket as you see it in the picture. What is important is that the bracket and the holes you make line up. If those holes are a little off from kites board then it won't matter.

TheDeviantZen

Post by TheDeviantZen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 am

Are the units of the parts in millimeters or inches?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:36 am

TheDeviantZen wrote:Are the units of the parts in millimeters or inches?
mm

Billy Blaze

Post by Billy Blaze » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:37 am

printed mine. everything fits quite well. thanks again for this model!

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:34 am

Billy Blaze wrote:printed mine. everything fits quite well. thanks again for this model!

Excellent!

Oxodao

Post by Oxodao » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Just failed drilling the holes in my case because the 3d printed does not line up with the holes on the board..
Arduino sketch for the gamepad (Teensy replacement): http://github.com/oxodao/GBZGamepad

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Oxodao wrote:Just failed drilling the holes in my case because the 3d printed does not line up with the holes on the board..
Sorry to hear that. Not sure what happened with your print as mine was perfect. You can still print the well less version screen bracket and use wermy wells to save your case so its not a total loss. Best practice I would say is mark the drill hole from Kites board before drilling and verify center. If it is not totally center, as I suspect your print wasn't, you can make your drill holes based off your print as long as its only a little off it will be fine as the holes and wells are the important part because Kites pads have enough tolerance.

mrdude42

Post by mrdude42 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Oxodao wrote:Just failed drilling the holes in my case because the 3d printed does not line up with the holes on the board..
It's more important that the holes in the case line up with the bracket than with the hole on the board. As long as the board holes are close enough the buttons will still work fine. (I'm assuming you're also planning to use the SNES button scheme)