[For Sale]HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's Circuit Sword Board

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
HoolyHoo

Re: HoolyHoo's AIO bracket for Kite's SAIO Board

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:50 pm

DarrylUK wrote:I've tried a couple of prints now at work. We print pretty regularly so this shouldn't be a rookie mistake.

The 2 square cut outs in the button weeks look like they should have 1 layer thick to stop the buttons pushing through the bracket, is that correct? I'm not getting enough material in that area for some reason, essentially the button can pass through the bracket. Any recommendations?
Yes, that is correct. Originally I did not have that at all but buttons were sitting too high up and not level with A and B buttons. I made it .2mm thick, just enough for one layer. Are you using .2mm layer height? What slicer are you using?

DarrylUK

Post by DarrylUK » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 pm

HoolyHoo wrote:
DarrylUK wrote:I've tried a couple of prints now at work. We print pretty regularly so this shouldn't be a rookie mistake.

The 2 square cut outs in the button weeks look like they should have 1 layer thick to stop the buttons pushing through the bracket, is that correct? I'm not getting enough material in that area for some reason, essentially the button can pass through the bracket. Any recommendations?
Yes, that is correct. Originally I did not have that at all but buttons were sitting too high up and not level with A and B buttons. I made it .2mm thick, just enough for one layer. Are you using .2mm layer height? What slicer are you using?
I'll check, I actually got one of my engineers to print it. We're actually due a new 3D printer next week so I might give it a try on that.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 pm

DarrylUK wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:

I'll check, I actually got one of my engineers to print it. We're actually due a new 3D printer next week so I might give it a try on that.
Layer One:
Layer1.png
Layer1.png (661.89 KiB) Viewed 29287 times
Layer Two:
Layer2.png
Layer2.png (739.6 KiB) Viewed 29287 times

mwx

Post by mwx » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:09 am

I just printed mine, thanks again for this model!
Attachments
IMG_8047.jpg
IMG_8047.jpg (87.69 KiB) Viewed 29260 times
IMG_8048.jpg
IMG_8048.jpg (83.25 KiB) Viewed 29260 times

Mynasru

Post by Mynasru » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:08 am

HoolyHoo wrote:

I can not get the same layer one, I'm using the cura clicer in Repetier host :/

tralalem

Post by tralalem » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:31 am

I glued the screen in the housing yesterday with the bracket without buttons. The status LEDs of the Kite Super AiO do not fit and I had to cut away some plastic. Does anybody experience the same issue?

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:38 am

Mynasru wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:

I can not get the same layer one, I'm using the cura clicer in Repetier host :/
I do no use cura but try setting your bottom layer height to .2mm.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:23 am

tralalem wrote:I glued the screen in the housing yesterday with the bracket without buttons. The status LEDs of the Kite Super AiO do not fit and I had to cut away some plastic. Does anybody experience the same issue?
How did you solder your LED's? If you soldered through the top (the side with Kites logo) and not the bottom or through hole then there should be no modification necessary to bracket. Otherwise some cutting might be required.

tralalem

Post by tralalem » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:07 am

HoolyHoo wrote:
tralalem wrote:I glued the screen in the housing yesterday with the bracket without buttons. The status LEDs of the Kite Super AiO do not fit and I had to cut away some plastic. Does anybody experience the same issue?
How did you solder your LED's? If you soldered through the top (the side with Kites logo) and not the bottom or through hole then there should be no modification necessary to bracket. Otherwise some cutting might be required.
I soldered the LEDs like in KITE guide, they are too low and touching the plastic of the frame, even with a bit removed they are still touching the LCD I think. I will try to remove them and solder them to be at the other side of the board.

HoolyHoo

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 am

tralalem wrote:
HoolyHoo wrote:
I soldered the LEDs like in KITE guide, they are too low and touching the plastic of the frame, even with a bit removed they are still touching the LCD I think. I will try to remove them and solder them to be at the other side of the board.
If you solder them on top with the legs straight and sitting on top of the board, you should be fine.