[For Sale] Tactile ShoulderBracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
Brag0n

Re: [For Sale, International and Domestic] L and R button Bracket (Kite's SAIO Compatible)

Post by Brag0n » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm

You're totally right Erik ;)
I'm looking forward to see your design! :D

devsfan1830

Re: [For Sale, International and Domestic] L and R button Bracket (Kite's SAIO Compatible)

Post by devsfan1830 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Took a while but I finally got around to installing the L and R bracket on my GBZ. I kinda botched the holes a bit but I'm still very happy with it. Only took a minor modification with a dremel to make a notch near the screw post to fit Kite's SAIO back board.

Just noticed you ended up updating the kit with a modified bracket AND a drill guide for the holes. Hmmmmm. May need to give this another try.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:56 pm

devsfan1830 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:40 pm
Took a while but I finally got around to installing the L and R bracket on my GBZ. I kinda botched the holes a bit but I'm still very happy with it. Only took a minor modification with a dremel to make a notch near the screw post to fit Kite's SAIO back board.

Just noticed you ended up updating the kit with a modified bracket AND a drill guide for the holes. Hmmmmm. May need to give this another try.
wow looks great, love the clear case as well! And yeah there have been some updates. Sorry about that :( like all custom things on this website, sometimes improvements are made after more testing. Sorry for the inconvenience. Im actually making an even newer bracket, if you check out the interest thread in my link. It will use the original DMG buttons, but requires a little more work haha Ive been working on it for a while and i believe im about a week or 2 before its all wrapped up.

anyways your build looks great! Thank you for sharing ! Would you happen to be making a build log of yours soon over at the show and tell forum? Id love to see more of what you have going on
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:41 pm

erik_gee wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:56 pm
devsfan1830 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:40 pm

wow looks great, love the clear case as well! And yeah there have been some updates. Sorry about that :( like all custom things on this website, sometimes improvements are made after more testing. Sorry for the inconvenience. Im actually making an even newer bracket, if you check out the interest thread in my link. It will use the original DMG buttons, but requires a little more work haha Ive been working on it for a while and i believe im about a week or 2 before its all wrapped up.

anyways your build looks great! Thank you for sharing ! Would you happen to be making a build log of yours soon over at the show and tell forum? Id love to see more of what you have going on
No worries. The mod to fit Kites back board was super easy and I actually prefer the clickiness of these tac switches so this bracket is perfect as is. I saw you made the drill guide file available. So that will be a big help if I end up doing this all over. I probably will. I have a spare set of shells and I did end up putting numerous cracks in this one. But at this point its my FOURTH shell because GOD the button holes are a pain to line up right drilling by hand. So I'm happy with what I have for now. I'll print the drill guides and at some point invest in a small drill press to make these hole perfectly lined up. Thanks for putting that model online.

As far as a build guide, no I didn't really document my build. Although at this point the number of times I've been asked for one on various things makes me think I should have satrted doing that by now lol. Honestly though its not at all different from others. It was just Kites standard AIO kit with the LCD+Button bracket by HoolyHoo (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2553), your bracket and the LiPo from Dextech (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2320). For the screen cover I did manage to nab two from Day's final batch of Gorilla Glass covers (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1444).

I did however do a small bit of modelling myself to make a USB port plug for Kites board: http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 111#p40111

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:00 am

Just bought one and sent you an email for button color selection.

Thanks for doing this!! Can't wait to get it :)

kubino

Post by kubino » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am

Brag0n wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 am
Oh, and a last suggestion! You should check with kubino's solution if you both got the same diameter on the buttons here..
And if so, if they're placed at the same location.. that would be awesome!
If NOT.. you should talk to him so that he can carve holes in his cases, based on your template! ;)
As there is template already released to public I can adjust cutting to this bracked if anyone is interested. BTW. very nice work Erik

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:54 pm

kubino wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am
Brag0n wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 am
Oh, and a last suggestion! You should check with kubino's solution if you both got the same diameter on the buttons here..
And if so, if they're placed at the same location.. that would be awesome!
If NOT.. you should talk to him so that he can carve holes in his cases, based on your template! ;)
As there is template already released to public I can adjust cutting to this bracked if anyone is interested. BTW. very nice work Erik
Thank you! And you have some beautiful work yourself, real quality cases ive seen in your thread. If youd like, I can send you a free set to work with and test, if you want to offer it for your customers :)
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

kubino

Post by kubino » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:40 am

Thank you very much Erik for the offer! You guys are simply the best, great and very helpfull comunity :-)

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Just got my bracket in the mail. Looks good so far! Can't wait to give it a go!

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

demodummy wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm
Just got my bracket in the mail. Looks good so far! Can't wait to give it a go!
Great to hear! Be sure to post back here with your results :) and make sure to read the installation guide on the first post!