[For Sale] Tactile ShoulderBracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

Re: [Gauging Interest] L and R button Bracket

Post by erik_gee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you everyone for your interest! I've already started producing brackets for the kits , and have buttons and caps on hand. Just waiting on the screws to come in and everything should be set to go! Tracking says screws should be delivered in another week or so, at which point, I'll update the thread to a "sale" thread(or make a new thread, not quite sure on the logistics of forum threads). I'll let you know when all the parts are ready and I'll start taking orders at that time :D

PS. While I do have brackets available right now, I'd like to wait until the parts for the set all come in so I can take orders at the same time. I apologize for those who just want the bracket, but just a little longer and it should be ready
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:00 pm

cowdog360 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am
Got a quick question, I love your design for this bracket and buttons, but do you think it would be possible to make a bracked that has button wells for standard DMG buttons, and uses these PCB's to slip into the bracket between a silicone pad and the button?
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_buttons

That way, you could have the more softer feeling standard buttons. Just curious, might be a cool 2nd option. I wish I had 3d modeling skillz...
That was actually an idea that I had! However instead of those pcbs, I was planning on using the shoulder pcbs for the clone snes controllers. As they are small form factor and many people already have extra snes controllers broken and lying around, since people usually just take the buttons. Figured it would be a good way to recycle some of those parts.

Those kitsch bent pcbs do have screw holes and would make things much easer from a modeling standpoint. I've never seen those before, I'll take a look and see what I can do! Thank you! But unfortunately I'm busy at the moment designing other things, probably will not be able to get to it anytime soon :(
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Also, in case you wanted more images, I tested a few more! Here you go!

Mikethesith200

Post by Mikethesith200 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:51 am

Would this work with Kite's SAIO?

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 am

Mikethesith200 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:51 am
Unfortunately I do not have a board to test it with but the member s I have asked here in this post have all said that there shouldn't be any conflict between the two pieces. The only issue I believe would be with a card reader as they are in the same area. So I believe it should work fine with the AIO board, but if any members here have a board and think otherwise, please chime in

amendozar

Post by amendozar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:57 am

Count me in for a few sets

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm

erik_gee wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:00 am
Mikethesith200 wrote:
Unfortunately I do not have a board to test it with but the member s I have asked here in this post have all said that there shouldn't be any conflict between the two pieces. The only issue I believe would be with a card reader as they are in the same area. So I believe it should work fine with the AIO board, but if any members here have a board and think otherwise, please chime in
Depending on how you modeled the bracket it MAY interfere with the Volume/USB PCB for Kites AIO. As shown in the photo below the spacers Kite has us solder on fill in the gap and cover the standoff that your bracket mounts to. It MAY be fixable by just desoldering the spacers but like I said it depends on how your tolerances are on the bracket and that would require having both the bracket and Kites AIO to test.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 pm

devsfan1830 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm
erik_gee wrote:
Mikethesith200 wrote:
Depending on how you modeled the bracket it MAY interfere with the Volume/USB PCB for Kites AIO. As shown in the photo below the spacers Kite has us solder on fill in the gap and cover the standoff that your bracket mounts to. It MAY be fixable by just desoldering the spacers but like I said it depends on how your tolerances are on the bracket and that would require having both the bracket and Kites AIO to test.

Thank you for this information. Looking at the picture, I'm assuming everything below the main audio board is the "filler" correct? From this image, it looks like it would fit just fine without the filler pieces, and can rest on my bracket instead.

I won't know for sure until it is tested, but from the image alone, it looks like it won't be a problem at all

devsfan1830

Post by devsfan1830 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am

erik_gee wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 pm
devsfan1830 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm
erik_gee wrote:

Thank you for this information. Looking at the picture, I'm assuming everything below the main audio board is the "filler" correct? From this image, it looks like it would fit just fine without the filler pieces, and can rest on my bracket instead.

I won't know for sure until it is tested, but from the image alone, it looks like it won't be a problem at all
You are correct. The two extra layers under the main board are the added spacers which hopefully are easy to desolder. Wasn't thinking about your bracket while I was making mine. If anything I'm sure the bracket can be trimmed/slowly sanded down on the top to make it thinner in that spot.

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:54 pm

It looks like a bit of sanding and cutting would do the trick. The spacer might not be needed at all when using the backbutton brackets. Keep us updated!