[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
cowdog360

Re: [Interest Check] Original DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by cowdog360 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm

yeah, and I just realized, you can't fit a full usb socket in there anyways, since its too long and would interfere with the battery door clip. Bummer. Carry on!

drifftr6x

Post by drifftr6x » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:14 pm

ill take one! :)

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Ok so an update. Prototype boards came in but it appears the pads don't quite align with the center of the back. They will still work if you place a button directly in center, as the conductive pad is large enough to still activate it, and you won't notice anything on the outside wrong. But the align will bug me in the back of my head haha

And actually if you were to just use the new center, just about a mm or 2 above, I think it would still look good. But I think I'm gonna adjust a few things and order a second batch.

But for now, since I have these, I can start making the 3d printed bracket as I only really needed a physical board with screw holes and proper dimensions. So when the next batch comes in, the bracket will already be done and I should be able to put them up for sale. Please give some input or any remarks/questions :) also let me know if this slightly higher center is even a big deal for you, as I've seen plenty of people place their buttons here and even higher

Here are some pics of just the board, no bracket yet. The hole were cut for my other bracket, which uses larger tactile buttons. That's why the holes look huge in case you are wondering.

GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

neolith

Post by neolith » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Oh, this is interesting! I was originally planning to use tactile buttons, but this design is a much nicer solution. :) I'd take a set!
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 pm

neolith wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm
Oh, this is interesting! I was originally planning to use tactile buttons, but this design is a much nicer solution. :) I'd take a set!
Well I have my other bracket in my signature. Uses the large 12mm tactile caps and feels pretty darn good. Have them in 3 of my builds. This one should be hopefully good to go in about 3-4 weeks depending on shipping and how busy my life gets haha heading back to uni after this weekend so I expect to be slow doing a bit
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:23 am

erik_gee wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 pm
Well I have my other bracket in my signature. Uses the large 12mm tactile caps and feels pretty darn good. Have them in 3 of my builds. This one should be hopefully good to go in about 3-4 weeks depending on shipping and how busy my life gets haha heading back to uni after this weekend so I expect to be slow doing a bit
I was actually planning to work with that bracket of yours. But I like the idea of using original buttons and conductive pads even better! :lol: They have a nicer feel to them. I don't mind to wait for them, especially if we are just talking about a month or so. I am still busy getting all the parts I need and I still haven't practiced soldering. So I am in no hurry right now. :D My goal is to have a GBZ before Xmas.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Eccho

Post by Eccho » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 am

This is very good looking. Curious about the outcome!

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks guys! Like I said, college starting up again this week so might set me a little behind. But I hope to have everything good to go within a month. Gonna start ordering and stocking buttons and conductive pads as it seems many people are more interested as a complete set.

I will only be stocking the original color and black buttons, as it would be too difficult to keep a healthy stock of every color option. These are the most common colors so I hope it should suffice.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:36 pm

One last thing I forgot to ask. Just like with my last bracket set I sold, I'd like to get community input on pricing. I believe it's important to have a connection with the community as far as this goes and I would love to hear what everyone believes would be a fair price, and I'll take every opinion into consideration when I decide on final price :)

Before you answer, I'd just like to say these sets will cost me more than my previous in terms of material and items included. The buttons cost more than the tactile switches, and must also include conductive pads. As well as the boards. Please take these into consideration when deciding, and give your input thank you :)

Neilbuck

Post by Neilbuck » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 am

I like what you're doing here buddy. I don't have a suggestion on pricing I'm afraid. I have no idea what your cost of time commitment is in these so it's really hard to contribute an opinion in that sense.

One suggestion though. Maybe offer price breaks for multiple item purchase. There are a lot of people in our group who build and sell these pizero gameboys I've noticed. They may be interested in buying 5 kits at a time or something like that.

And the people who just build for themselves and friends/family might see benefit in that option as well.