[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
jhk1976

Re: [For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by jhk1976 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:41 pm

I saw mine has shipped. No worries about the delay! :-)

sygyzy

Post by sygyzy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks erik, I'll place an order as soon as they are available again!

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:33 am

Same here. This is the last missing part for me. I’ll place an order as soon as the link is back up
https://instagram.com/nicoGBPi
Nintendo ID: 0954-8664-4922

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:29 am

They will be back in about 2 day (Saturday) . Along with the new 4 shoulder brackets I'm designing. These ones are about 90% complete. Just have to do the last of the testing
I know a lot of people have been asking for a 4 button solution, especially after the new kite board released. So trying to churn it out as soon as possible

GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:33 am

Could someone explain me how soldering of the wires work with kite’s circuit sword?

Do I have to solder L ground and R ground to the same ground slot in the shoulder pcb?

How do I find out which wire is for L1 and which one is for L2?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 am

Nicode70 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:33 am
Could someone explain me how soldering of the wires work with kite’s circuit sword?

Do I have to solder L ground and R ground to the same ground slot in the shoulder pcb?

How do I find out which wire is for L1 and which one is for L2?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.
From https://github.com/kiteretro/Circuit-Sw ... ck-buttons:

The back board has two sets of 3 bare wires. These are the back button wires. Each switch is activated by shorting the labelled pin to GND. The simplest way to have back buttons is to solder GND to one side of a button and L1 (etc) to the other side. When pressed it will make a short circuit and activate the button press.
[...]
You can use ANY form of buttons with this. One set of 3 is L1/L2/GND, and the other set is R1/R2/GND. GND is common everywhere, so you can solder the same GND cable to both buttons.

So any GND will do.

And it shouldn't matter which wire is L1/L2 (although on the last board they were labeled) – when you boot up Retropie for the first time, it is going to ask you for buttons to configure. When it asks for L1 you just press what you want to be L1. Shouldn't matter how you wired it. You could set up D-Pad left/right as L1 and R2 if you wanted to.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Thank you Neolith!

I saw that part on the wiki. But it’s not that clear for me. I’m a newbee...

If I get this right: from Kite CS there will be: L1 L2 LGround from one plug on the back board and R1 R2 and RGround from another plug on the back board. Both LGround and RGround will be identified on the cables.
On Erik’s pcb, I can either L1 or L2 on the L port, either R1 or R2 on the R port. And either LGround or RGround on the Ground port.

Do I get that correctly?

English is not my main language and i’m Not familiar with electronics.

neolith

Post by neolith » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Nicode70 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Thank you Neolith!

I saw that part on the wiki. But it’s not that clear for me. I’m a newbee...

If I get this right: from Kite CS there will be: L1 L2 LGround from one plug on the back board and R1 R2 and RGround from another plug on the back board. Both LGround and RGround will be identified on the cables.
On Erik’s pcb, I can either L1 or L2 on the L port, either R1 or R2 on the R port. And either LGround or RGround on the Ground port.

Do I get that correctly?

English is not my main language and i’m Not familiar with electronics.
It's okay. I am only one GBZ ahead of you, English is not my main language either and I don't know jack about electronics. :lol:

What you describe sounds about right. I haven't received my CSO yet, but that's how it worked on the SAIO.
If you have only one pair of buttons on the back, you can even go one step further: take one cable, solder it to the backboard and plug it into either L1/L2 or R1/R2. The software doesn't care and you have to worry about less cables. ;) I did that for my GBZ, you can see the single connected cable bundle here:
picture of wired backbutton boardShow
So in my GBZ R1/R2 connections are used as L1 and R1.
– "The biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." –

Nicode70

Post by Nicode70 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Once again. Thank you very much Neolith.

Your solution is even simpler. I’ll do that. Everything is clearer for me now.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks neolith!

Sorry everyone, I'm graduating soon and the last few days I've been looking for a job and doing interviews so it's been hard for me to check in.

I said orders would be back up today but unfortunately I just noticed my last panel of boards have damaged traces. And with Chinese New year going on, I can't place an order for new ones until the 25th. I use DHL shipping so I should be able to get them about a week after that. I apologize for the inconvenience.

HOWEVER, if you are in a rush and need some sooner. I do have my prototype boards for when I first started testing. They aren't as pretty but they are fully functional and work the exact same way. I can send these out instead if you are on a time crunch. Send me a pm if you are interested
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811