[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

[For Sale] DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by erik_gee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:34 pm

Edit: 5/25/2018: Major update to sets, please read below.

Kubino now makes button hole cuts available for this bracket (big buttons version), as well as my tactile brackets. You can purchase a pre cut case through this thread viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3309

This bracket allows you to use your DMG buttons as shoulder buttons. Its placed in the space above the battery compartment(most comfortable position in my opinion). The set allows you to install your shoulder buttons with minimal effort, just a bit of cutting, and absolutely no glue! Keep your build looking tidy and feeling secure with this all-screw-in set!
Some major updates I've been working on. If any of you have bought my shoulder brackets recently, you may have noticed pinholes around the pads. Well, I've been preparing to transition to silicone switches instead and have finally finished making the adjustments.

I've also taken this time to update the bracket based on feed back.
1)The center screw post is now much wider instead of the small screw post, so the board is more stable.
2)The side pieces were pressure fit, and a lot of people snapped off the Gameboy screw posts trying to remove them. So I've widened the holes to allow them to slip on and off easier. Also increased height to better accommodate kite's USB board
3) the button we'll have been widened as well so the buttons won't scrape across or get stuck as easily.
4) brand new drill guide allows you to break off the center pieces and place it directly into the button as a spacer!

What the new silicone design basically means for you, is a much quicker and simpler install. You don't have to cut any pads, which takes time and if you goof, you are left with a useless pad. And with the new drill guide/spacer combo, youll get a nice clean response instead of a saggy button.

Guide pegs for pads are left in, in case you want to use a pad still. But pads will no longer be provided for the full kits, they will be swapped with switches.

Please not that you will not be able to use a cart reader if you decide to use this as it takes up the same space as the reader. Also note that brackets will be sent in random colors, but all brackets will be the same color in a set so you wont have mismatching colors. I typically print them in clear plastic so it works for any build.

Prices:
Set (printed brackets, pcb, buttons, soft tactile switches, screws, and drill guide/spacer) = $18 + $3 shiping
Stand-Alone (printed brackets, pcb, screws, and drill guide/spacer) = $15 + $3 shipping

The only colors I can provide are the original burgundy color buttons and black buttons. It would be too difficult for me to stock every single available color. If you plan to use a different color scheme id suggest buying the standalone option and using your own buttons. If you have any question feel free to shoot me a message!

I ship to your PayPal address. Please make sure it is correct. Especially for international orders as an address mistake could take weeks to correct

Bracket Set with Burgundy Buttons: $18 + $3 shipping

Bracket Set with Black Buttons: $18 + $3 shipping

Bracket Stand-Alone: $15 + $3 shipping
PicturesShow
Installation GuideShow
  • Place the bottom bracket directly into place, above the battery compartment.
  • Insert the circular drill guide into the bottom bracket, drill pilot hole, then do the same to the other side.
  • Open the pilot holes to desired diameter using step drill bit.
  • Place buttons into the wells.
  • Break off inner piece of drill guides, place them into the buttons to be used as spacers. This allows for the buttons to actuate properly. This is REQUIRED.
  • Solder the switches into place ( or cut conductive pads and place them on guide posts).
  • Place the board over the buttons and use provided screw in center post.
  • Insert side bracket pieces over screw posts, and firmly push them into place.
  • Screw in side pieces
  • Solder wires from shoulder board to control board (only one ground needs to be wired, others are for convenience)
Original InfoShow
Hey all!

Not to long ago I created a shoulder bracket that held tactile switches in place, using the screw holes located on the gameboy (http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3364).

I have had numerous people ask if I could make a bracket to use the original gameboy dmg buttons, so Ive been working on it and I am close to finishing. I wanted to see how many people would be interested.

I made a custom pcb and should get my first batch soon, already been fabricated and on the way. It will fit in to the small compartment above the battery, where my old bracket fits. The pcb will screw into a custom 3d printed bracket, which will in turn attach via the screw holes on the gameboy case, so no need for a mess of glue (although a little is recommended just to be on the safe side). I have already created a bracket that i currently sell, so I have a good bit of the ground work done on the bracket model, which shouldnt take more than a day or 2 to modify to work with the new pcb. And because of my previous work, I can assure you that this bracket will also work with Kite's SAIO board :D

I can offer this either as a complete set, so bracket,pcb,buttons, conductive pads,screw, and drill guide. As well as a bare bones set, so just the pcb, bracket, screws, and drill guide. That way if you already have the buttons you want etc, you dont have to get the whole set. Honestly the price probably won't be much different as I will be getting buttons in bulk so it won't cost me much per button. Will ship international as well!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO IS INTERESTED SO I CAN GET A GOOD ESTIMATE ON HOW MANY PCBS I NEED TO FABRICATE
Give your opinion on pricing:please open thisShow
One last thing I forgot to ask. Just like with my last bracket set I sold, I'd like to get community input on pricing. I believe it's important to have a connection with the community as far as this goes and I would love to hear what everyone believes would be a fair price, and I'll take every opinion into consideration when I decide on final price

Before you answer, I'd just like to say these sets will cost me more than my previous in terms of material and items included. The buttons cost more than the tactile switches, and must also include conductive pads. As well as the boards. Please take these into consideration when deciding, and give your input thank you :)
(General idea what bracket will look like. Model is not accurate, waiting for boards to come in. Made this in like 5 minutes just to give a general idea and will update later)
Prototype ModelsShow

Will fit into this location. Again, this is my last bracket, not the current DMG button bracket I am speaking of. This is just for rference so you can see the placement.
Bracket LocationShow
Last edited by erik_gee on Fri May 25, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 31 times in total.
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

YaYa

Re: [Interest Check] Original DMG Buttons Shoulder Bracket

Post by YaYa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Really nice design ! Bravo !
May i suggest you to insert a poll to check people's interest ?
Follow me on instagram Image

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:00 am

YaYa wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:23 pm
Really nice design ! Bravo !
May i suggest you to insert a poll to check people's interest ?
Can I ask what you mean ?
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:20 am

check this topic i've opened, i putted a poll so people can vote, it's easier for you and them ;)
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3752

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:23 am

Aw good thinking 👌

YaYa

Post by YaYa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 am

First to vote lol

cowdog360

Post by cowdog360 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 am

Perfect! I have one suggestion for an alternate version. In the middle of the PCB, what about making a spot for a standard USB socket, that way if we want, we can stuff a USB drive inside a blank cartridge and it can plug in right in there. That's more of a wish, but would be a cool way to use the space.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 pm

cowdog360 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:45 am
Perfect! I have one suggestion for an alternate version. In the middle of the PCB, what about making a spot for a standard USB socket, that way if we want, we can stuff a USB drive inside a blank cartridge and it can plug in right in there. That's more of a wish, but would be a cool way to use the space.
Can you show me an example of what you mean?

cowdog360

Post by cowdog360 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Sure thing, look at this guy's build here:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3533

Basically, he has two shoulder buttons, and in the middle a USB jack so he can stuff a USB drive inside a cart shell. Basically makes for a good way even just to hold the blank cart in there without glue. I think it would be awesome to have the option to wire up a usb jack to the SAIO board and then have a cart with ROMs, etc on it in case you wanted to have a backup other than the SD card. Again.. pie in the sky stuff.

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:03 pm

cowdog360 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Sure thing, look at this guy's build here:
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3533

Basically, he has two shoulder buttons, and in the middle a USB jack so he can stuff a USB drive inside a cart shell. Basically makes for a good way even just to hold the blank cart in there without glue. I think it would be awesome to have the option to wire up a usb jack to the SAIO board and then have a cart with ROMs, etc on it in case you wanted to have a backup other than the SD card. Again.. pie in the sky stuff.
Aw I see. The only problem I might see with that is there is a mounting screw post where the USB would fit. My PCB screws in the center and that seems to be the same location where you would mount the socket