[For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
erik_gee

[For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by erik_gee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:41 am

Edit: STL's updated. Orientation fixed, button holes widened to fit better, bracket slimmed to fit inside case better, and caps changed to oval shape to provide more surface area for kite's backboard to rest on. Also, added guides (woops forgot to add that first time)

STL files provided below, along with printer settings.

Kite Bracket Set: $10 + $3 shipping
picturesShow
Hello everyone! I have spoken with Kite about making a shoulder bracket for his new AIO. Below I have the STL file for those who own 3d printers. I will also be selling them for those who do not own a printer and need printing services.

They are based on my DMG shoulder bracket, with some slight alterations for Kite's board. Please note that Kite made his board and I made the bracket separately. As such, there might be some slight inconsistencies between the two items, but they should still function normally. If you print them and notice issues, please contact me so that I can fix any issues.

The set will include a slide in guide hole for drilling. Kite's board has its own guide hole, but as stated before, there may be some slight inconsistencies. So please, use the drill guide provided by myself, and not the drill guide on his board.

It installs the same way as my other bracket. For more details on installing, you can check out that thread but i will give a quick summary here

Cut conductive pads. Snip off surround lip of conductive pad(IMPORTANT! Leaving the lip raises the pad further and creates more sag). Place conductive pad guide hole onto the bracket peg. Place board onto the back, and then insert a screw through the center hole. Afterwards, place the left and right brackets around the screw post, as shown in the pictures. Finally, place the screw post caps on top, to push the left and right brackets down and screw the caps in.

do not solder kite's spacer boards to the HDMI board. My printed cap replaces his spacer board. Should actually be better than his spacer boards as it is slightly lower.

In order to get the wells lower on the gameboy shell, I had to raise the height of the bracket to fit over the battery bay lip. Because of this the buttons will sag. Please place a spacer in your buttons. Easiest thing to do is take a hole punch to your plastic screen protector, and place that on the inside of your buttons. This way the button will not sag and you will have a much better response. This step is basically necessary, as the sag is quite annoying

The caps are made to be the proper length so that the hdmi/usb board can rest on top without soldering the spacer board. I noticed the soldered boards tend to be a little too high, but i have tested these keeps to be a better height. When inserted, they sit 1.6mm above the screw post, about .4mm shorter than bother spacer boards soldered and it seems to be a good fit.
STL FilesShow
KiteBracketV2.stl
(119.03 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
KiteGuidev2.stl
(29.18 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
kiter.stl
(28.6 KiB) Downloaded 702 times
kitel.stl
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
kitec.stl
(54.77 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
Old FilesShow
KiteLeft.stl
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
KiteRight.stl
(28.6 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
Cap.stl
(55.75 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
KiteGuide.stl
(29.38 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
KiteBracket.stl
(120.88 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Print 1 of each, except for the cap. Print 2 caps.
Suggester settings:
infill: 50% or more
Walls: 2
support: Only for KiteBracket, no others.

Last edited by erik_gee on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

AIO board for DMG Sales Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6431

6 Button Common Ground Board Sales Thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4811

kite

Re: [For Sale] Kite's Shoulder Board Bracket (Free STL)

Post by kite » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 am

Nice work :)
Stock clearance - CLOSED: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12064
Kite's Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/e97uUvPOfUxPWdz82
Kite's FAQ: https://kiteretro.com/faq/

ImageImageImageImageImage

Double0EK

Post by Double0EK » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 am

Nice! I'll order on payday :D

EveningNewbs

Post by EveningNewbs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 am

Nice work. Good thing your other bracket wasn't available or I would have bought that one already.

If I order it from you will it come with screws like your other bracket?

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am

EveningNewbs wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 am
Nice work. Good thing your other bracket wasn't available or I would have bought that one already.

If I order it from you will it come with screws like your other bracket?
Well you can still order my other bracket if you wanna buy me a beer haha 😂

No worries. Unfortunately, ordering from me would just be the plastic set without screws. However, the screws used to keep the metal plate down should be the same size so you can snag 2 of those from the metal plate. From there, you just need to find a screw for the center. An m2 screw should be good I believe. No more than 6mm
GBC AIO kit Sales Thread:https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9928

Bunch of different shoulder button kits Sales Thread:viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6233&p=63192#p63192

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 pm

would such brackets work for the 4 button layout thats on the other side for Kits board?
ofcourse not the one thats on there, I ment one thats ment for a 4 button layout instead of two

erik_gee

Post by erik_gee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Sasherz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:28 pm
would such brackets work for the 4 button layout thats on the other side for Kits board?
ofcourse not the one thats on there, I ment one thats ment for a 4 button layout instead of two
This bracket is only made for 2 buttons, as there are only 2 wells. It won't work for the 4 buttons side.

I am making a 4 button layout though, it's pretty much done. Just waiting for pcbs to come in

This is an old photo, pad placement has changed so you don't need to cut pads, but it's the only photo I have on me. I might do a preorder on this soon if interested

Sasherz

Post by Sasherz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

thanks, but I will keep on looking around.
For my build I dont want the look of big eyesore buttons on the back, as I want to keep it "low profile" on the back as possible.
Im going to use tiny taktile buttons that will the Kites single board L1, L2, R1, R2 board. (side by side on each side).

epicpwn

Post by epicpwn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Nice work with the brackets and the STL! Love that you're sharing the model also.

Do you have any pictures (rear and inside) of this installed with the buttons in place?