[SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA,Canada & Mexico Only!

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
KonnorJ

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA Only! Sale This Weekend!

Post by KonnorJ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 pm

No, the red is + black is - , JST is just flipped. As for plugging it in reversed, just don't.

demodummy

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA Only! Sale This Weekend!

Post by demodummy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:12 pm

KonnorJ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 pm
No, the red is + black is - , JST is just flipped. As for plugging it in reversed, just don't.
Thanks for the reply! You're fast!

I looked around youtube and found this as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPZA9xxinU just in case anyone like me will need it!

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

demodummy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:02 pm
KonnorJ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm
It doesn't work with the powerboost because the JST polarity is flipped in comparison to the powerboost connector. You can push down the tabs on the JST pull out the wire and flip them around to fix this.
So on the MegaBat the black wire is positive, and the red wire is negative, or is the plastic piece on the end of the battery just oriented differently? Also, just another out there question, what would hypothetically happen if I plugged in the batter without reversing the polarity first? Kaboom?
You can destroy the battery or the device you plug it into, same thing as what will happen if you stick a fork into a powered wall socket? Doesn't take an electronics expert to know that.

Now for the Adafruit boards the polarity is different than my battery polarity and not sure if Kite's is the same as Adafruit or not but if it is you need to perform this simple wire swap illustrated below. I used some needle nose tweezers I use for holding components while soldering but a needle or pin will work too.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

paganpyro

Post by paganpyro » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes, the wire need to be swapped into the plastic housing, otherwise you may damage your battery and the could possibly go Samsung on you

demodummy

Post by demodummy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Helder wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm
demodummy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:02 pm
KonnorJ wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 pm
It doesn't work with the powerboost because the JST polarity is flipped in comparison to the powerboost connector. You can push down the tabs on the JST pull out the wire and flip them around to fix this.
So on the MegaBat the black wire is positive, and the red wire is negative, or is the plastic piece on the end of the battery just oriented differently? Also, just another out there question, what would hypothetically happen if I plugged in the batter without reversing the polarity first? Kaboom?
You can destroy the battery or the device you plug it into, same thing as what will happen if you stick a fork into a powered wall socket? Doesn't take an electronics expert to know that.

Now for the Adafruit boards the polarity is different than my battery polarity and not sure if Kite's is the same as Adafruit or not but if it is you need to perform this simple wire swap illustrated below. I used some needle nose tweezers I use for holding components while soldering but a needle or pin will work too.
Thanks for the explanation and pictures! Really appreciate you guys taking the time to educate :)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Kite has confirmed that his Circuit Sword uses the Adafruit standard, so if you plan to use the battery for his board follow the guide above.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

dryja123

Post by dryja123 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:59 am

Helder wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:58 pm
Kite has confirmed that his Circuit Sword uses the Adafruit standard, so if you plan to use the battery for his board follow the guide above.
I would strongly suggest that you put a disclaimer in your packaging, especially since the last round of Circuit Swords are making their way into customers hands. I'd hate to see a batch of people blow out their protection circuits on their new Circuit Swords.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Luckily Kite has confirmed that plugging the battery into his boards will not damage it, it just won't start.

You can damage it if you have it plugged in with wrong polarity and plug a USB cable in.

KonnorJ

Post by KonnorJ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:17 pm

I'd hope people would check for themselves anyways because generic batteries aren't guaranteed to be the same polarity each time.

sygyzy

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA Only!

Post by sygyzy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 pm

This is an amazing price for a battery that fits perfectly. I have been using the Dextech battery which works perfectly out of the box (no wire swap needed) but it was pretty pricey and had to ship internationally, then you had to remove it from a lantern device. So glad you made this option available, Helder.