[SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA,Canada & Mexico Only!

Sell or trade things with other forum members!
tlxxxsracer

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA Only!

Post by tlxxxsracer » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 pm

Just so for my own sanity. I still need to change the polarity of the wires before plugging into my Circuit Sword?

Curious why this isnt possible to be done when made? May I recommend including a little warning in the package in case people forget to or don't read

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:30 am

tlxxxsracer wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 pm
Curious why this isnt possible to be done when made? May I recommend including a little warning in the package in case people forget to or don't read

there is a clear warning on the first page of this post....
(and a link to instructions to swap over the connectings to be used in products that DON'T follow the general standard)

MegaBatt.jpg
MegaBatt.jpg (417.95 KiB) Viewed 11252 times

and where your directed to purchase from Helder site....
there is another mention of this....
(even thou this one does make it a little confusing :? .... are they correct if your using for the Power Boost or Circuit Sword :| )

MegaBat.jpg
MegaBat.jpg (276.06 KiB) Viewed 11252 times

if the purchaser forget this, then this is really on them (there have been clear mentions/warning for this).....

the polarities are in accordance with how most (about 90%, if not more) of the batteries come as.....

it is Adafruit that has this different on their Power Boost and also Kite on his Circuit Sword....
the MegBat 4.5 has been made/designed in accordance with how all other batteries (with connectors) are made

tlxxxsracer

Post by tlxxxsracer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:34 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:30 am
tlxxxsracer wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 pm

there is a clear warning on the first page of this post....
(and a link to instructions to swap over the connectings to be used in products that DON'T follow the general standard)

I bought it from the link in the OP. I followed the directions but it seems the wire was already swapped, now I'm just confused.

MegaBatt.jpg

and where your directed to purchase from Helder site....
there is another mention of this....
(even thou this one does make it a little confusing :? .... are they correct if your using for the Power Boost or Circuit Sword :| )

MegaBat.jpg

if the purchaser forget this, then this is really on them (there have been clear mentions/warning for this).....

the polarities are in accordance with how most (about 90%, if not more) of the batteries come as.....

it is Adafruit that has this different on their Power Boost and also Kite on his Circuit Sword....
the MegBat 4.5 has been made/designed in accordance with how all other batteries (with connectors) are made

I bought it from the OP. I'm confused cause I did the wire swap but seems it was already swapped because after I swapped my wires they're opposite of what shows in the how to guide. See my image after I swapped the wires
Attachments
IMG_20190726_123305.jpg
IMG_20190726_123305.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 11226 times

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA,Canada & Mexico Only!

Post by Helder » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:25 am

Yes I forgot to remove the mention of the swap, all new batches have the wires the way adafruit and Kite's board have it setup. No more swapping it out and if in doubt use a multimeter, which anyone who does any of these builds should have.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tlxxxsracer

Re: [SALE] MegaBat 4.5 (a 4500-4700 mAh battery for the GBZ) USA,Canada & Mexico Only!

Post by tlxxxsracer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:19 am

Helder wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:25 am
Yes I forgot to remove the mention of the swap, all new batches have the wires the way adafruit and Kite's board have it setup. No more swapping it out and if in doubt use a multimeter, which anyone who does any of these builds should have.
RIP my Kite board. F

Edit: so it seems that it's not dead (somehow). I had the usb-c and battery plugged in when I turned it on. That might have saved me. I swapped the wires and still turns on and charges!

tlxxxsracer

Post by tlxxxsracer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:31 am

Update: Charging is no longer working. but will operate on battery.

Unfortunate

fablespirt

Post by fablespirt » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Just ordered my battery hope this tread isn't dead.

GigaCat

Post by GigaCat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Thread is still very much alive... Like my MegaBat!

I'm running a GBZ with RetroPSU, a Pi 3A+, PAM8403, big ol' VECO speaker, and an LQ035NC111 (composite), and I have finally taken the time to test the battery in a fully charged rundown.

Wifi - Disabled
Joystick - Disabled (simple build. I'm saving my analog sticks for my Freeplay CM3)
Bluetooth - Enabled (because common ground boards have not been my friend at all this month, so I'm using an 8Bitdo SN30 wirelessly)

Through mostly Cave Story and Chrono Trigger (lr-snes9x), I have squeezed a cool 4+ hours out of it.

10/10 Update: Ran an actual 100-to-shutdown test today and scored just under 5hrs 29min. Practically all of that time was spent in Cave Story, and I exit ES around the time that I predicted the OneForAll script would safe shutdown, and 5'25" was the uptime posted (i just sorta put down the GB for a few minutes, went back, plugged in a USB keyboard, and that extra little power draw from the keyboard was the curtain call).

gnarlita

Post by gnarlita » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:46 am

Helder wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 am
Since the battery is loose I will only sell to the USA,Canada & Mexico , there are too many laws and restrictions about shipping Lipo batteries through the mail so I am only selling Domestically.
I really like your battery my problem is that i live in Cyprus (Europe). Is there a possibility to find a way so you can ship me some ?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:12 pm

gnarlita wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:46 am
I really like your battery my problem is that i live in Cyprus (Europe). Is there a possibility to find a way so you can ship me some ?
People have used mail forwarding services to buy things to places I don't ship to so you can try that. I of course do not support it especially if things go wrong after they ship it to you I am not held responsible since I am delivering to an address in the USA and I did my part, but as far as I know people have had success with such services.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.