Archived - Kite pre-order

Completed sale threads will be moved here to keep things tidy in the main For Sale forum.
wildBcat

Re: [PRE-ORDER] Circuit Sword, Circuit Sword Lite + Circuit Gem - CLOSED

Post by wildBcat » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Hey, I got my kit today! Thank you for sending it. I am no longer thinking I will build this, so if anyone wants to buy the kit from me, you are more than welcome!

happyearmuffs

Post by happyearmuffs » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 pm

wildBcat i'd be interested in buying that kit

kite

Post by kite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:11 am

andershp wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Just received mine today - the board is a piece of jewelry, kite! Very very nice!

What do people generally use as chargers? Any recommendations in terms of Amps, or could I use any, e.g. the cable that I use to charge my Nintendo Switch Pro controller (I believe this charges at 5V/0,5A)?
That should work for charging, but not play and charge. As far as ratings go, the minimum amps recommended for each to do play and charge are:

CS: 1.5A (the main Switch charger works well)
CSL: 1.5A
GEM: 1.0A

cmharris247

Post by cmharris247 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm

wildcat - I would definitely buy your kit. Let's talk what you want and I can pay today.

Heathen

Post by Heathen » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:22 am

Can I just check, was the expectation that all non-lite orders would be filled with CM3+ modules? I'm not massively concerned one way or another but did notice that my kit arrived with a CM3 rather than a plus.

Just want to make sure that's not an error!

kite

Post by kite » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:37 am

Heathen wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:22 am
Can I just check, was the expectation that all non-lite orders would be filled with CM3+ modules? I'm not massively concerned one way or another but did notice that my kit arrived with a CM3 rather than a plus.

Just want to make sure that's not an error!
Yeah so the 'discounted' orders will be for the CM3, and the full priced ones will have the CM3+. Send me an email and I'll check over your order details and we'll work it out, because if you paid for the full price CM3+ version, then that is what you should have got :) if there is an error all it will take is me sending out the CM3+ to you (or refund the difference back to you)

andershp

Post by andershp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm

So, having just run through the wiki of "How to set up the Circuit Sword" I'm a bit baffled about the number of extra wires and unused sockets on the board...

Is the wiki not enough to get everything working, or where should I look for a guide to connect everything?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just seem to have 3 extra wiresets with plugs and don't really know where to plug the ends and solder the other... And there's like 4 empty sockets on the board and 2 empty sockets on the add-on board...
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build

Skeyth

Post by Skeyth » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Hey Kite,

Do you have any date to start preorders?

kite

Post by kite » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 am

andershp wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:35 pm
So, having just run through the wiki of "How to set up the Circuit Sword" I'm a bit baffled about the number of extra wires and unused sockets on the board...

Is the wiki not enough to get everything working, or where should I look for a guide to connect everything?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just seem to have 3 extra wiresets with plugs and don't really know where to plug the ends and solder the other... And there's like 4 empty sockets on the board and 2 empty sockets on the add-on board...
Each socket is labelled, and each wire of the socket has the purpose of the pin. Hopefully that is enough to work out the extra bits and pieces. They may be slightly cryptic but the isn't anything on there that would be out of place in a handheld! There should pretty much only be joysticks, internal USB port, analog volume port (for use with the analog volume back board). And I think that's probably about it :)
Skeyth wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm
Hey Kite,

Do you have any date to start preorders?
Not yet

andershp

Post by andershp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Sorry man, I'm not risking this boards life without double checking here :D

On the analog volume back board there is 3 plugs:
On top "SWITCHES" 3 of the wires are labelled L1, L2, GND.
On bottom "AUX_R" labelled R1, R2, GND. So I guess I solder R1, GND and L1, GND to the rear buttons board holes if I want a L1 and R1 button on the back? I just don't understand why the L1/R1 buttons should be connected to the back board that handles the USB and analog volume?

In the middle: AGND, AVOL, A3V3 plug - this should be plugged into the corresponding plug that's angled 45 degrees on the mainboard, right?

I obviously want the USB on the back board to work, but I guess this doesn't have anything to do with the plug on the mainboard labelled INTUSB? So this should be left unused along with the Joy1 and Joy2 plugs?

What about all the empty "slots" on the back of the main board, e.g. 5V, GND, VCC, 3V3, 1VB, S+ and S-? Also the 12 on the top and 2 on the side labelled PWRIN + / -. None of these are used?
My "Bubble Bobble" Themed Bartop Arcade: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/107 ... cade-build