[Wanted][USA] Case Modification

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
alien0matic

Re: [Wanted][USA] Case Modification

Post by alien0matic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:10 am

Sorry, located in Germany... would love to help, but like the others said: shipping costs are insane.

chaosratt

Post by chaosratt » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm in FL, USA.

AzarVC

Post by AzarVC » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 am

I'm in Northeast Indiana, not sure what part of Ohio you're in.

I've never modified a case before but I'm handy enough with a dremel, it doesn't seem that it should be too difficult, but I doubt you'd want your case to be my guinea pig. I'll be building mine over the next couple months, most likely, I can shoot you some pictures after I mod my case if you want me to help or not. Haha.

prerunnerseth

Post by prerunnerseth » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Once i get my new laser cutter up and running I plan to have a pattern for cutting the openings with it. will take me a little time to make a jig and get the pattern right.

BitTen

Post by BitTen » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:58 am

Bump

pezzman74

Post by pezzman74 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 pm

I am working on a 3D printed jig. If it works I will post here, and I might be able to modify a case for you. I am in Canada. Will take at least a month to finish though. Still waiting on printer (should have that by next week) and I have to finish my CAD model of the Game Boy.

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:27 pm

so, you wanna send your shell to someone, have them mod it and then send it back to you? and you're seriously wondering why people are "less than helpful" ? talk about entitlement.....

there was plenty of nice offers in this thread and i will chime in with another one, i'll mod you a grey dmg knock off case, all you have to do is pay for int' shipping and the case itself (should come up to about 20$, same as the ebay listing you weren't keen on). if that isn't satisfactory to you you should deffo check your priorities...
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:13 pm

CaptainDurden wrote:so, you wanna send your shell to someone, have them mod it and then send it back to you? and you're seriously wondering why people are "less than helpful" ? talk about entitlement.....

there was plenty of nice offers in this thread and i will chime in with another one, i'll mod you a grey dmg knock off case, all you have to do is pay for int' shipping and the case itself (should come up to about 20$, same as the ebay listing you weren't keen on). if that isn't satisfactory to you you should deffo check your priorities...
You sound out of line, dude. First of all he said he's disabled, so entitlement accusation definitely doesn't fly here. Second of all it's a wanted thread. If it isn't feasible for people to offer their service, or if he doesn't like the offers, then it will work itself out, but in the meantime it's not very nice of you to check his priorities for him. He wasn't coming off as any of the things you seem to think he was.

CaptainDurden

Post by CaptainDurden » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Ganreizu wrote: You sound out of line, dude. First of all he said he's disabled, so entitlement accusation definitely doesn't fly here. Second of all it's a wanted thread. If it isn't feasible for people to offer their service, or if he doesn't like the offers, then it will work itself out, but in the meantime it's not very nice of you to check his priorities for him. He wasn't coming off as any of the things you seem to think he was.
i see your point but between him aggressively bumping this thread (which on other, larger forums would just straight up get you banned) and saying stuff like "huh, i thought there would be more interest in helping" this just left kind of a metallic taste in my mouth. plus, apart from being a bitch i also offered my help as well....
Helder wrote:People spend so much time in asking questions and no time looking for an answer that is available.

solder

Post by solder » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 am

Just get the ebay listing.

20$ you can't get the job cheaper, regardless if you already have most of those parts.

The parts you don't need you can sell em in the trade section and make others happy and even get the 20$ back.