[WANTED] BROKEN Gameboy Advance

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
Ivoah

[WANTED] BROKEN Gameboy Advance

Post by Ivoah » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm looking for a broken GBA to try to put a Pi 0 in. I've seen tons of people putting Pis in gameboys, and even a few in a GBA SP, but none in an original GBA. I want a broken one because I don't want to destroy a perfectly good GBA. If anyone has a broken GBA that they want to sell/give me, please respond!

Kilren

Re: [WANTED] BROKEN Gameboy Advance

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Ebay!

Ivoah

Post by Ivoah » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Kilren wrote:Ebay!
Yep, I've checked there, but first I wanted to see if anyone had any they would give.

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Ivoah wrote:and even a few in a GBA SP
Would you mind linking that? I looked around for one done in an SP and couldn't find a good example. I'm building one in a SP next week so this could really help me out!

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Ivoah wrote:
Kilren wrote:Ebay!
Yep, I've checked there, but first I wanted to see if anyone had any they would give.
Don't blame you, it is nice getting something from a community you support. This community though, we're salvaging things that we didn't know were salvageable. :P

Ivoah

Post by Ivoah » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:59 am

joe7dust wrote:
Would you mind linking that? I looked around for one done in an SP and couldn't find a good example. I'm building one in a SP next week so this could really help me out!
Here is the first one I saw

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:29 am

Ivoah wrote:
joe7dust wrote:
Here is the first one I saw
That is definitely an amazing device he made there. It's too bad he didn't post any pics of the inside or how it was built.

I hope I can fit my RPi0 inside the GBA SP, since the odroid isn't available anymore.

Geddy

Post by Geddy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:03 pm

Long time lurker, first time caller.

Hey OP, did you ever start this project? I realize your post is about a month old but I was wondering if you made any progress with the original Game Boy Advance. I'm looking to do this specifically with a GBA original (not interested in doing this with an SP yet as I am not nearly confident enough in my skills for a first time micro-Pi project), as I find the Gameboy DMG too uncomfortable and bulky.

The GBA fits my larger hands perfectly. I'm not looking to expand to four buttons either - I want to keep it true to the original specs.

Mostly I'm wondering about space and how folks have been approaching this in a GBA but it is so hard to find information about modding this specific model!

Racerboy

Post by Racerboy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:04 am

Geddy wrote:Long time lurker, first time caller.

Hey OP, did you ever start this project? I realize your post is about a month old but I was wondering if you made any progress with the original Game Boy Advance. I'm looking to do this specifically with a GBA original (not interested in doing this with an SP yet as I am not nearly confident enough in my skills for a first time micro-Pi project), as I find the Gameboy DMG too uncomfortable and bulky.

The GBA fits my larger hands perfectly. I'm not looking to expand to four buttons either - I want to keep it true to the original specs.

Mostly I'm wondering about space and how folks have been approaching this in a GBA but it is so hard to find information about modding this specific model!
You can check out the progress I made with mine here:

Project
Cartridge
PCB

PM me if you have any questions :D

wermy
Site Admin

Post by wermy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 am

Racerboy wrote:
Geddy wrote:Long time lurker, first time caller.

You can check out the progress I made with mine here:

Project
Cartridge
PCB

PM me if you have any questions :D
Is there a build thread for this project yet? I know lots of folks have wanted to do exactly this! :)
ImageImageImageImage