[WANTED] Raspberry Pi (any model), DMG-01 Start/Select buttons & Batteries

Post all "Looking to buy XYZ" threads here.
Kilren

Re: [WANTED] Switches Kit and possibly also a Pot

Post by Kilren » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:28 pm

joe7dust wrote:About the price you will see. I don't mind getting my :lol:s later on. Mine won't have the benefit of the overpriced adafruit powerboard like play while charge and prevent sdcard corruption on low battery, but everything else the clones seem to be just as good as the premium products.
There are a lot of alternatives and clones that are quite a bit cheaper and just as effective, I don't argue that, I've purchased several of them. I'm simply stating that I think you underestimate the price tag associated with this project as well as the work that goes into it based on the posts you have made. I've been making it cheap, and I know I am over the $120 price tag already.

With that said, I look forward to your show-off post when you start building and am interested in a data sheet with price tags and sources. It will be helpful to others, I am sure. The thing is though, you need to buy the stuff and get working. Good luck!

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:10 pm

Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:About the price you will see. I don't mind getting my :lol:s later on. Mine won't have the benefit of the overpriced adafruit powerboard like play while charge and prevent sdcard corruption on low battery, but everything else the clones seem to be just as good as the premium products.
There are a lot of alternatives and clones that are quite a bit cheaper and just as effective, I don't argue that, I've purchased several of them. I'm simply stating that I think you underestimate the price tag associated with this project as well as the work that goes into it based on the posts you have made. I've been making it cheap, and I know I am over the $120 price tag already.

With that said, I look forward to your show-off post when you start building and am interested in a data sheet with price tags and sources. It will be helpful to others, I am sure. The thing is though, you need to buy the stuff and get working. Good luck!
Where do you get that I underestimate the work? I've said I plan to spend 5 to 10 hours minimum on the first one alone. It's the parts I'm being cheap about. I know this won't be easy, hence all the researching here for a solid week almost already.

Kilren

Re: [WANTED] Switches Kit, Raspberry Pi, Batteries & Much More! Take my Money!!

Post by Kilren » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 pm

joe7dust wrote:No one has any of these parts they want to sell?
You went from a post on the general forums asking people for a parts list to a selling forum asking people for parts. Not much difference. Do like everyone else and get on your chosen store and buy the parts you need. You know what you need, most people that bought excess parts did so because they plan to make additional GBZ's.

Not trying to be rude, but you really don't seem to get it. A wanted list is made to buy a hard-to-find/hard-to-get parts, or one part that you can't get otherwise because it is only sold in bulk. No body has a kit to sell to you for a GBZ. Do your own work, get your own parts, make your own GBZ. Just like everyone else.

Edit: If you don't like that answer, I'll buy the parts and get them mailed to you for $400. A deliberate markup to help you have the motivation to do the work to buy your own stuff.

joe7dust

Re: [WANTED] Switches Kit, Raspberry Pi, Batteries & Much More! Take my Money!!

Post by joe7dust » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Kilren wrote:
joe7dust wrote:No one has any of these parts they want to sell?
You went from a post on the general forums asking people for a parts list to a selling forum asking people for parts. Not much difference. Do like everyone else and get on your chosen store and buy the parts you need. You know what you need, most people that bought excess parts did so because they plan to make additional GBZ's.

Not trying to be rude, but you really don't seem to get it. A wanted list is made to buy a hard-to-find/hard-to-get parts, or one part that you can't get otherwise because it is only sold in bulk. No body has a kit to sell to you for a GBZ. Do your own work, get your own parts, make your own GBZ. Just like everyone else.

Edit: If you don't like that answer, I'll buy the parts and get them mailed to you for $400. A deliberate markup to help you have the motivation to do the work to buy your own stuff.
I'm sure there are many people here with some of these spare parts on hand, and if they are in the buy/sell/trade forum there is a good chance they are also interested at selling them. If truly "no body has a kit to sell to you for a GBZ" then there is definitely a market here that you might be interested in trying to capitalize on. I would suggest less than 400% markup however if you want any real buyers.

This would definitely be a simpler business than the dozen or so guys who design and order custom PCBs to sell here.

If you are complaining that I made 2 similar threads instead of one, realize this. My main thread is asking for input on my design and to recommend anything I may have left out. This thread is to buy some specific parts that I still need to acquire. Entirely different threads and categories.

If you don't have what I am requesting or don't want to sell what I'm requesting, maybe you shouldn't post here.
Kilren wrote:A wanted list is made to buy a hard-to-find/hard-to-get parts, or one part that you can't get otherwise because it is only sold in bulk.
Like http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=303 right? Such a rare and difficult item to find right there... Now I'll be sure and hold my breath while I wait for you to go and troll @Popcorn in his wanted thread.

joe7dust

Re: [WANTED] Raspberry Pi (any model), DMG-01 Start/Select buttons & Batteries

Post by joe7dust » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14 am

I need the start/select buttons for a DMG-01 if anyone can spare it. I couldn't find them in a single listing, only in a bundle with 6 other buttons that I don't need for $6.

Fleder

Post by Fleder » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 am

Kilren wrote:I had bad luck not using an amp. I had to use an amp even with the USB dac. Fleder, did you have success using the usb audio without an amp?
Sorry for the late reply, completely forgot this thread.

Yes, it worked. It was not very loud and you would not be able to play on a train where a lot of people make noise, but it worked.
But when i connected the amplifier, to make it all a bit louder, nothing worked anymore :-/

tofuwurst

Post by tofuwurst » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:09 am

Hey I have some Start-Select Buttons left.

joe7dust

Post by joe7dust » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:13 pm

tofuwurst wrote:Hey I have some Start-Select Buttons left.
Damnit I bought that $6 pack that included the 6 other buttons I didn't need. Oh well. I may still buy yours also for my next one.