Total Noob and I need help with V.9 Screen

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
easter24

Total Noob and I need help with V.9 Screen

Post by easter24 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:53 pm

So I have been poking around and thought that the GBZ would be a sweet project to embark on. I followed wermy's link on the GBZ Custom to the amazon page and purchased the BM screen there. It came yesterday and I cracked it open only to discover that my board was quite a bit different than the one in wermy's video. He mentions this but...unfortunately for my bad luck...Mine is the only set up without a solution for 5v conversion. It's Version 9 in the Wiki and I have no idea where to begin. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

http://sudomod.com/wiki/images/3/32/BW_V9_Board.jpg

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Total Noob and I need help with V.9 Screen

Post by Helder » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 am

See this image below and do the same thing to the chip on the right side of the board:
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

easter24

Post by easter24 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 am

Perfect. I wasn't sure if it would be that simple. Thanks a million.

jarheadappel

Post by jarheadappel » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Have the same screen, but can not get it to power on, jumped the wire to the same spot. Any ideas?

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 pm

jarheadappel wrote:Have the same screen, but can not get it to power on, jumped the wire to the same spot. Any ideas?
Same board? Or same screen?
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

BuToNz

Post by BuToNz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:05 am

Helder wrote:
jarheadappel wrote:Have the same screen, but can not get it to power on, jumped the wire to the same spot. Any ideas?
Same board? Or same screen?
Don't forget you need a signal to it for it to power on.

jarheadappel

Post by jarheadappel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:07 am

Same board it looks exactly like the original posters board. And I had it hooked up to my pi and nothing came up, so I plugged in the hdmi to a screen and retropie showed up. So it should have worked. Are the board easily damaged?

BuToNz

Post by BuToNz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:40 am

jarheadappel wrote:Same board it looks exactly like the original posters board. And I had it hooked up to my pi and nothing came up, so I plugged in the hdmi to a screen and retropie showed up. So it should have worked. Are the board easily damaged?
Have you make the required changes to the config.txt to display via composite?

jarheadappel

Post by jarheadappel » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:56 am

BuToNz wrote:
jarheadappel wrote:Same board it looks exactly like the original posters board. And I had it hooked up to my pi and nothing came up, so I plugged in the hdmi to a screen and retropie showed up. So it should have worked. Are the board easily damaged?
No, how or where does it tell you to do that? Sorry never used a pi before this.

BuToNz

Post by BuToNz » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:13 am

jarheadappel wrote:
BuToNz wrote:
No, how or where does it tell you to do that? Sorry never used a pi before this.
Either SSH into Pi (https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/ssh) or F4 in Retropie menu to back out to terminal then:
cd /boot
sudo nano config.txt

Then at the bottom

# uncomment for composite PAL
#sdtv_mode-2
remove the # so

# uncomment for composite PAL
sdtv_mode-2
and then "Ctrl X" to exit and save with Y
then reboot.