Is it hard to make a basic Gameboy zero for a beginner

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
JoaquinViggo

Is it hard to make a basic Gameboy zero for a beginner

Post by JoaquinViggo » Tue May 04, 2021 3:19 am

So 2 years ago I got the raspberry pie zero 1.3 without Bluetooth as it was the cheapest and the v1.1 pcb from tinkerboy to make a cheap gameboy zero. but I never did it and didn't get a soldering iron but now I want to finish it, so is it hard to do for someone who never soldered anything, and are there screens that can plug in the raspberry without soldering or do I need to solder one. i don't want to make one with the 4 buttons just the original layout of the gameboy I do have a dremel I don't have a 3d printer but I know someone with one so if some parts need to be 3d printed I can have them printed. And what gauge of wire do I need? What battery is needed? Is a cheap Chinese power boost enough the adafruit one is a bit too much? if someone has advice it would be much appreciated. I won't add a speaker or a 3.5mm jack as I don't care for the sound I just want it to be the cheapest.