Screen Surround

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
DarrylUK

Re: Screen Surround

Post by DarrylUK » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 pm

Received mine this week, it was a very quick turnaround and the product is great. Fantastic work you've done for the community, thanks.

caste

Post by caste » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Did the more square ones work out? If I wanted to order one is that something we could do? Thanks

dominator

Post by dominator » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:32 am

caste wrote:Did the more square ones work out? If I wanted to order one is that something we could do? Thanks
I have 4 or so square ones, though I not had the time to make a decal for them.
If anyone has ordered a screen surround from me, I am trying to get everything sent out by Tuesday. I have just had so many orders, it is insane. I am only one guy doing this as a service and not as a business, I hope no-one get too upset with a few days delay. It has not helped this week with paying for the laser cutting and then later that day getting an email saying she is off on holiday for 3 days :evil: :roll: Looks like I am going to spend the next 2 days packing.

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 pm

I was going to use a plain glass shield, but these are too nice to pass up (and make it so I don't have to worry quite as much about hiding adhesive and shoddy screen bezel cuts). Ordered two yesterday afternoon for shipping here in the US. Keep up the good work!
Image Image

caste

Post by caste » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:52 pm

dominator wrote:
caste wrote:Did the more square ones work out? If I wanted to order one is that something we could do? Thanks
If anyone has ordered a screen surround from me, I am trying to get everything sent out by Tuesday. I have just had so many orders, it is insane. I am only one guy doing this as a service and not as a business, I hope no-one get too upset with a few days delay. It has not helped this week with paying for the laser cutting and then later that day getting an email saying she is off on holiday for 3 days :evil: :roll: Looks like I am going to spend the next 2 days packing.

Thanks for the reply. I'm working on some artwork for the cartridge label this weekend and once it's done and ready to print I'll shoot you a message

dboSS

Post by dboSS » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:20 pm

dominator wrote:
Can you check the message for my pm?

caste

Post by caste » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:23 am

dominator wrote:
Hey, I wanted to make sure the address to email for a custom order is the one at the bottom of the retrofresh page, next to "Created By" and that's not your webmaster or something.

Lpoolm

Post by Lpoolm » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Like everyone else is saying, received mine this week, amazing!
I have already made a gbz and thought it looked great but this second one will look so much better now!
Check out my modding and repair channel of retro and modern consoles:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFz7yW ... GtQ/videos

dominator

Post by dominator » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:20 am

Hey, I wanted to make sure the address to email for a custom order is the one at the bottom of the retrofresh page, next to "Created By" and that's not your webmaster or something.
no, it is all me! I have got back from a 1200 mile road trip. I will be working through all the tons of messages and orders I have backed up, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a reply!
I know this is off-topic but my house had been broken into (I had not been there in a while, its a long story). They took every single type of tool (everything and I mean everything), but left things like this;
So I guess i'm lucky?

caste

Post by caste » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:47 pm

dominator wrote:
no, it is all me! I have got back from a 1200 mile road trip. I will be working through all the tons of messages and orders I have backed up, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a reply!
I know this is off-topic but my house had been broken into (I had not been there in a while, its a long story). They took every single type of tool (everything and I mean everything), but left things like this;
So I guess i'm lucky?
Oh man, that's awful. Too bad they didn't try the VB and end up writhing on the floor in a seizure.