Adafruit screen - no image

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
ror100

Adafruit screen - no image

Post by ror100 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi all,

This evening I've been de-soldering the Adafruit Screen power regulator, and wired up to my Pi in order to test everything out. I get power to the screen, backlight comes on, and I get AV2 shown on screen, but no image from the Pi.

I've tried amending the wiring as per Felders guide http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=958, but no change.

Any clues? I believe I'm correct in thinking that the screen is good, just something isnt right.

BTW, I'm using a preloaded Noobs SD card from The Pi Hut, and a Samsung mobile charger as power (5v 2A from a Galaxy Note 4).

Cheers.

ror100

Re: Adafruit screen - no image

Post by ror100 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Apologies for the double post - I'v sorted it.

I've spent this evening checking my wiring, soldering, continuity etc, everything was wired and responding perfectly to the multimeter. Concluding that, I formatted the Noobs SD card which I got with the Pi, and flashed using Wermy's tip of Etcher, using the Retropie OS, and all works perfectly, I get a cracking image.

Lesson to myself, never pay more for a flashed SD card to save oneself time - its a con!

Kilren

Re: Adafruit screen - no image

Post by Kilren » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:57 pm

ror100 wrote:Lesson to myself, never pay more for a flashed SD card to save oneself time - its a con!
+1