Using a Gameboy Color Cartridge For The SD Adapter?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
hummerh1

Using a Gameboy Color Cartridge For The SD Adapter?

Post by hummerh1 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:49 pm

I have a bunch of broken Gameboy Color cartridges and I was wondering if I'd be able to use those for the SD card adapter part, rather than destroying a good grey cartridge. Does anyone know if this would be possible? I'm fairly sure the old DMGs can fit a color cartridge, they just couldn't play them...

Ganreizu

Re: Using a Gameboy Color Cartridge For The SD Adapter?

Post by Ganreizu » Tue May 10, 2016 6:53 pm

I honestly don't see why not. All that matters is if it fits since we take care of it's compatibility.

Thanks though...now i have to go and find an expensive pokemon red cartridge to use for this. T.T

choochootrain23

Post by choochootrain23 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Ganreizu wrote:I honestly don't see why not. All that matters is if it fits since we take care of it's compatibility.

Thanks though...now i have to go and find an expensive pokemon red cartridge to use for this. T.T
https://handheldlegend.com/products/pok ... 6137770179

Not sure if the cartridge color itself matters to you but this website has cheap cartridge decals I've been considering. And Pokemon red is one of them. I've also seen a lot of Pokemon cartridge decals on eBay.

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 pm

choochootrain23 wrote:Not sure if the cartridge color itself matters to you but this website has cheap cartridge decals I've been considering. And Pokemon red is one of them. I've also seen a lot of Pokemon cartridge decals on eBay.
Noo the cartridge color. :[ Couldn't care less about the sticker haha. I can't find a place to get the cartridge itself, not even a grey one. o.o

RetroRocket

Post by RetroRocket » Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 am

Ganreizu wrote:
Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 pm
choochootrain23 wrote:Not sure if the cartridge color itself matters to you but this website has cheap cartridge decals I've been considering. And Pokemon red is one of them. I've also seen a lot of Pokemon cartridge decals on eBay.
Noo the cartridge color. :[ Couldn't care less about the sticker haha. I can't find a place to get the cartridge itself, not even a grey one. o.o
I know I'm late to the party, but if you're still looking there's a Japanese seller on eBay liquidating a HUGE lot of GB and GBC cartridges, some functional, most not. I ended up with a lot of three for $4, but individuals are going for a dollar a piece.

Haven't seen Pokemon Red, but I got a black (Dragon Quest Monsters), a yellow (DKC 3) and Japanese Pokemon Silver (Blue and dark grey)

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Wed May 03, 2017 4:16 pm

RetroRocket wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 am
I know I'm late to the party, but if you're still looking there's a Japanese seller on eBay liquidating a HUGE lot of GB and GBC cartridges, some functional, most not. I ended up with a lot of three for $4, but individuals are going for a dollar a piece.

Haven't seen Pokemon Red, but I got a black (Dragon Quest Monsters), a yellow (DKC 3) and Japanese Pokemon Silver (Blue and dark grey)
I got lucky and found a pokemon red cart on ebay probably a day or two after I posted that for like $15. It was broken so I didn't feel bad gutting it. I had to cut out a slot for the SD card that I didn't end up using so I might look for another one. Thanks for the heads up.

RetroRocket

Post by RetroRocket » Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Here's a link. I think I'm going to pick up the unique white cart Tomagotchi!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/japaneseproduct ... 1438.l2754