Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with this wiring??

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Tierod

Re: Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with this wiring??

Post by Tierod » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:31 pm

@SidSilver

Sorry, forgot to mention you! Thanks so much. I tried using the config.txt you gave me but it didn't do anything for some reason. But your advice definitely led to the solutuon. Thank you

Goggledone

Re: Can someone PLEASE tell me what is wrong with this wiring??

Post by Goggledone » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:26 pm

Tierod wrote:SOLVED! After all but giving up, I tried to edit my config.txt again after having no success the first time. I forced composite by turning off HDMI hotplugging. I don't know if this is what I was supposed to do from the beginning or wether it was a wierd bug. Did all of you have to do this? I jumped for joy when I saw that rainbow splash screen. Now, that that's solved it's back to work!

PS: For anyone else with this problem, to force Composite put your SD card with retropie installed and open it up. Your computer should read that card's name is "boot". In there is the config.txt.
Go to the line that says
#sdtv_mode=2
and delete the # symbol (to uncomment it)
Then go to the end of the file and type
hdmi_ignore_hotplug=1

This should force Composite.
Does this turn off HDMI output completely ? If so is there another workaround for it because I'd like to be able to hook up to my big screen tv at some point .