Is it worth adding six buttons and two analogue sticks, do you use them?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Pukit

Is it worth adding six buttons and two analogue sticks, do you use them?

Post by Pukit » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:12 am

Hey all.

So I’m upgrading my old DMG PiZero build to a Zero 2 and a tinkerboy v3 pcb. I had issues with noise from my amp and also phantom button presses with my old teeny controlled pcb.

Whilst doing it I thought about adding analogue sticks, I’ve only played nes, snes and sega games before but was tempted to try and push the zero2 to play others.

So I’m wondering whether you guys think it’s worth two analogue sticks and the extra buttons? I’ve got an L1/R1 and currently ABXY.

I’d appreciate your thoughts.

Bellamy112

Re: Is it worth adding six buttons and two analogue sticks, do you use them?

Post by Bellamy112 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Do you find it complicated?
I was wondering about your post.
world of solitaire

Pukit

Re: Is it worth adding six buttons and two analogue sticks, do you use them?

Post by Pukit » Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:22 am

Complicated? What to build? No not at all. I’ve done a lot of soldered smd stuff in the past and did electronics at uni.

My reasons for upgrade was the teensy controller I had previously had an issue with phantom down and right D pad button presses. I traced this to the controller but as it’s surface soldered I cba to remove it so just bought a tinkeyboy board.

My reason for the thread is simply due to whether it’s worth fitting two analogue sticks and whether people use them.