If you're looking for a clean Game Boy Case, Check out this site

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
chris

If you're looking for a clean Game Boy Case, Check out this site

Post by chris » Thu May 12, 2016 2:32 pm

I bought a broken game boy from ebay and it came in a clear case. Not exactly ideal since it will probably be pretty messy inside for me (first time for me at this kind of thing), so I searched for a case I could buy separately. Most places wanted at least $15 for a case, but I found this site http://www.banggood.com/OEM-Full-Housin ... 73616.html

It is made in China and took a while to get to me (I live in the U.S.A.), but the quality is amazing. The shell looks 100% authentic from my point of view. It even has the Game Boy logo printed on the plastic. Also, it only comes with the d-pad and the a/b buttons. No start/select or the rubber gummy parts underneath. Also comes with a new screen cover if you want it.

So if anyone else wants a nice, new shell for their project, check that out. It was only $8.88 shipped (free shipping if you don't mind waiting a while).

I'm in no way affiliated with banggood or the seller on there. I won't get anything from you buying from that link. Hope it helps someone :D

Robvp

Re: If you're looking for a clean Game Boy Case, Check out this site

Post by Robvp » Thu May 12, 2016 2:36 pm

They are pretty decent prices, the cheapest I could find on fleabay was 8.99 for the grey one and 9.99 for colors.

dominator

Re: If you're looking for a clean Game Boy Case, Check out this site

Post by dominator » Sat May 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Hey, thanks for the info!

In the end, I bought a shell with buttons from eBay (£6.98/$10) in black, as yellow and black ones were the cheapest.
You can get some cool colors, I think the orange, grey, yellow and black ones are more common.
Check out the different color combinations on this Gameboy mod site, as they have a Gameboy builder: http://gameboymodscouk.ipage.com/index. ... tion_id=13
Cheers,
Dom.