Adafruit TFT 3.5" Screen Resolution

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Xorxfon

Adafruit TFT 3.5" Screen Resolution

Post by Xorxfon » Sat May 14, 2016 2:12 am

When I first installed my screen I saw the whole raspberry on the boot up screen. I was poking around the settings trying to stretch the game boy resolution to fill the screen. I'm sure i changed something else instead because when I boot it up now i see half the raspberry and some of the boot up text is not displayed. Any help would be appreciated.

Robots86

Re: Adafruit TFT 3.5" Screen Resolution

Post by Robots86 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:04 am

check your config.txt file using command line or by reading your card on another device. Look at the overscan settings and see what resolution is set. If anything looks out of place put a hash sign before the text to cancel it out or type in an appropriate value.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Sat May 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Pro tip: Whenever you change settings, make a copy/screenshot/backup etc. of the original configs so that you can revert back to a previous working state when needed.

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 14, 2016 10:42 pm

Kilren wrote:Pro tip: Whenever you change settings, make a copy/screenshot/backup etc. of the original configs so that you can revert back to a previous working state when needed.
Same for hardware as well - take lots of pictures, then you can upload them onto the forum! ;)