Are there any wire diagrams for Helders latest AIO?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
jothie

Are there any wire diagrams for Helders latest AIO?

Post by jothie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm a complete noob at this stuff so while I can make out alot of the info from the old AIO wire diagram there are a few things that elude my knowledge. Just wondering if anyone has put together a wire diagram for the 2.2 AIO board yet. I've searched but don't see one.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Are there any wire diagrams for Helders latest AIO?

Post by Helder » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:54 pm

jothie wrote:I'm a complete noob at this stuff so while I can make out alot of the info from the old AIO wire diagram there are a few things that elude my knowledge. Just wondering if anyone has put together a wire diagram for the 2.2 AIO board yet. I've searched but don't see one.
Everything should be the same except for the headphone area and the power and GND are now on the power strip. The headphone area only needs the speaker connected and nothing else.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

iGmOthemagus

Post by iGmOthemagus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:05 pm

I am actually working on annotating pics of each component and the connections required in this thread:

http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1788

I don't have the pics ready yet, because I still have questions. But I am doing the annotations to test my understanding of the architecture of the finished product.

Edit: I am making all of these notes for myself, but I will also share them.

Thanks,
iGmO

jothie

Post by jothie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Helder wrote:
jothie wrote:I'm a complete noob at this stuff so while I can make out alot of the info from the old AIO wire diagram there are a few things that elude my knowledge. Just wondering if anyone has put together a wire diagram for the 2.2 AIO board yet. I've searched but don't see one.
Everything should be the same except for the headphone area and the power and GND are now on the power strip. The headphone area only needs the speaker connected and nothing else.
Guess what I'm confused about is on the old AIO board that has a diagram there's a "usb from pi" on this one there's not, I'm assuming the "d- d+ inputs" between the usb hubs go to the pi. My question is about the gnd and 5v. Do I wire them from the GND in and '5v in' on the bottom'ish right side? I'm like 95% sure thats what it is, but I don't want to fry my AIO on pi so just making sure. If thats the case I can follow the rest of the diagram(pretty sure at least)

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:59 am

You're right on both accounts. You feed 5v and GND to the 5v In and GND In from your power supply board then that powers the entire AIO and anything attached to the power strip.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

iGmOthemagus

Post by iGmOthemagus » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:02 am

I am going to cross-post sorry if that is verboten.

Why does Wermy solder all 4 wires for the external USB port to the AIO board, but then run power to it from the Power Boost?

EDIT:
The reason I am asking is that I am annotating pictures of each of the components for my own notes. I am sure that this probably already exists somewhere, but I will actually learn it better if I do this myself.

Thanks,
iGmO

taratr98

Post by taratr98 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Jothie, I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but you don't need to wire 5v/GND from the power strip to the USB ports. The AIO board has connections from the 5v/GND on the power strip to anything that needs power on the AIO board. (You should wire up all four wires from the hub USB outputs to any USB ports you make - or just wire the data lines and grab power from anywhere else if it's more convenient.)

Basically:
External mini usb port for charging (5v/GND pins only) -> Powerboost "USB" and "GND" pins
Powerboost 5V/GND (+/-) pins for USB -> AIO power strip 5V/GND input
5V/GND from AIO power strip -> Raspberry Pi power/GND input (PP1 and PP6 on the Zero)
Raspberry Pi USB data out (PP22/23) -> AIO USB hub data in (Input D+/D-)
AIO USB hub 5V/D+/D-/GND -> USB data port

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:30 pm

taratr98 wrote:Jothie, I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but you don't need to wire 5v/GND from the power strip to the USB ports. The AIO board has connections from the 5v/GND on the power strip to anything that needs power on the AIO board. (You should wire up all four wires from the hub USB outputs to any USB ports you make - or just wire the data lines and grab power from anywhere else if it's more convenient.)

Basically:
External mini usb port for charging (5v/GND pins only) -> Powerboost "USB" and "GND" pins
Powerboost 5V/GND (+/-) pins for USB -> AIO power strip 5V/GND input
5V/GND from AIO power strip -> Raspberry Pi power/GND input (PP1 and PP6 on the Zero)
Raspberry Pi USB data out (PP22/23) -> AIO USB hub data in (Input D+/D-)
AIO USB hub 5V/D+/D-/GND -> USB data port
The AIO USB Ports supply power to most devices but there is a fuse that won't allow more than 500mA to the components on the board and this includes the USB power output. If you connect them on the Powerstrip then you don't have these limitations but there aren't many usb devices that require high power but I guess he wanted to future proof it.

Fleppensteijn

Post by Fleppensteijn » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:27 pm

I wired the speaker to the speaker + and speaker -, yet I hear no audio. Did I hook this up incorrectly or do I have to change settings somewhere/program scripts?

Sorry for the noob question.
Attachments
IMG_20161120_002123.jpg
IMG_20161120_002123.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 9295 times

RetroGamingNow

Post by RetroGamingNow » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Fleppensteijn wrote:I wired the speaker to the speaker + and speaker -, yet I hear no audio. Did I hook this up incorrectly or do I have to change settings somewhere/program scripts?

Sorry for the noob question.
Have you wired pwm to your pi and added the correct info to your config.txt file?