"Prototype" Analog stick idea

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
GoodTofuFriday

"Prototype" Analog stick idea

Post by GoodTofuFriday » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Just looking for some input on the idea below. Basically a combo d-pad analog stick. Feel wise it works pretty nice.

To clarify, the d-pad still exist below it. If you push down itll still work like the d,g d-pad. All ive done is replace the d-pad plastic with the 3ds circle pad.

The rubber from the dmg is a little tall for this, but the psp rubber for the dpad works well and should work better with AIO boards.
B5JVYRG.jpg
B5JVYRG.jpg (4.36 MiB) Viewed 5109 times
52MQwQ7.jpg
52MQwQ7.jpg (3.96 MiB) Viewed 5109 times
Thanks for the input.

jellybelly

Re: "Prototype" Analog stick idea

Post by jellybelly » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 am

doesnt look the best imo

Rewired44

Post by Rewired44 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:37 am

Its a cool idea. I was considering replacing the d pad alrogether with a joystick after seeing a video on youtube but after recieving my psp joysticks they didnt feel right.

Floob

Post by Floob » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm

This is a great idea, but tricky to pull off in a way pleasing to the eye... I had given some thought to buying a second case and butchering it up so the surface could be used in place of the old cross cut directional space. The problem is one of patience and skill. How do you plastic-weld in a piece of foreign plastic and make it look seamless? Use a different color and replace the entire control area?

I prefer a stick to directional, so I am going to think on this some more myself...