Alternative Case

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
crispy_tofu

Re: Alternative Case

Post by crispy_tofu » Wed May 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Interesting. Does anybody know if the above DMG cases have the 'Nintendo Game Boy' text printed below the screen? :)

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Wed May 18, 2016 8:24 pm

crispy_tofu wrote:Interesting. Does anybody know if the above DMG cases have the 'Nintendo Game Boy' text printed below the screen? :)
Doesn't appear that way, but there are different colors for the DMG from different sources that do have the gameboy mark.

NyaSu

Post by NyaSu » Thu May 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello,
crispy_tofu wrote:Interesting. Does anybody know if the above DMG cases have the 'Nintendo Game Boy' text printed below the screen? :)
Kilren wrote:Doesn't appear that way, but there are different colors for the DMG from different sources that do have the gameboy mark.
If it can help, I ordered two "original" cases from different vendors from aliexpress.

On the product page, the "nintendo game boy" was blurry for one, and on the other one it was almost invisible.

When the cases arrived, the "nintendo game boy" was present on both cases - so I guess it is not visible on the description for copyright reasons...

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Thu May 19, 2016 2:11 pm

I feel like they would get a lot of returns if they didn't have the gameboy text lol. I think the copyright is a good idea for why it doesn't show but who knows. There's SO MANY replacement case vendors that have the text that it doesn't really matter anyway.

Kilren

Post by Kilren » Thu May 19, 2016 2:17 pm

NyaSu wrote:When the cases arrived, the "nintendo game boy" was present on both cases - so I guess it is not visible on the description for copyright reasons...
Good to know. Thanks. Guess we'll just have to double check with the seller before ordering to be sure.

Welcome to the forum!

NyaSu

Post by NyaSu » Thu May 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Kilren wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thanks! I've been reading for quite a while, thought it was time to help even a little bit ^^

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Thu May 19, 2016 4:35 pm

NyaSu wrote:Hello,
Kilren wrote:Doesn't appear that way, but there are different colors for the DMG from different sources that do have the gameboy mark.
If it can help, I ordered two "original" cases from different vendors from aliexpress.

On the product page, the "nintendo game boy" was blurry for one, and on the other one it was almost invisible.

When the cases arrived, the "nintendo game boy" was present on both cases - so I guess it is not visible on the description for copyright reasons...
Interesting, thanks. :)