GB Screen Protector

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
VeteranGamer

GB Screen Protector

Post by VeteranGamer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:29 am

these may have aleady been posted (or highlighted)

but im still waiting for a few more bits for my build and these came in the post, they look decent

they could also be used as a template if you wanted to make your own screen cover

the company i gots these from have a great selection for gaming products and i got my some other bits from them for my build.
delivery for me only took about 2 weeks and thats to the UK

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Plastic ... 0.0.MxfIC2

marketus

Re: GB Screen Protector

Post by marketus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am

but if it is for GB, the size of that protector is for factory screen size, not the 3.5" homemade adapted, isn't it?

jermzz

Post by jermzz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 pm

marketus wrote:but if it is for GB, the size of that protector is for factory screen size, not the 3.5" homemade adapted, isn't it?
The screen itself is smaller, but the plastic piece is the size of the part you open up on the DMG case for the bigger screen. So the protector should fit perfectly. I still prefer glass. Still have not decided whether I like the glass to sit against the screen, or flush with the top of the case by leaving 1mm of material around the border to stick it.

I kinda like it right against the screen, it covers up all of the unevenness you can see from the dremel work where the screen mates to the case. When the glass is elevated, you can hold the gbz at an angle and see the jagged edge. But from first view, I think being flush may look better. I've made them both ways and can't decide which one I like more.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 pm

marketus wrote:but if it is for GB, the size of that protector is for factory screen size, not the 3.5" homemade adapted, isn't it?
these are like a screen protectors that you might put on you phone or tablet

as some screen surrounds can get marked up (scuffs and scratches) these might prolong the life of your surround (I havent tested it yet so can comment on how they might affect the surrounds visability)

the last image is of the screen protector placed over one of Dominator screen surrounds

check out Dominators screens surrounds http://www.retrofresh.uk/

marketus

Post by marketus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm

hmm I understand now. I bought one screen surround from Dominator and a cartridge label :D I hope it arrives the next week because I ordered it 2 weeks ago