Keeping as many stock connectors as possible—cutting PCB

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Fleder

Re: Keeping as many stock connectors as possible—cutting PCB

Post by Fleder » Thu May 19, 2016 10:02 am

Cannikin wrote:Cut the corners off the Zero and it nestles right in there!
YOU MONSTER!

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Thu May 19, 2016 10:10 am

Good thing i want the micro usb so i don't need to hack up the beautiful $5 computer. :3

Cannikin

Post by Cannikin » Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Fleder wrote:YOU MONSTER!
Hahaha RUINED

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Thu May 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Kilren wrote:
crispy_tofu wrote:Dust from a PCB is usually some mix of fibreglass and resin, which really isn't healthy to inhale. :)
While this is completely true, the amount (the measurement alone should give you a clue, parts per billion ppb) is so minute that it will have no significant or lasting effect. Now, the problem arises when you are constantly in an environment where you are subject to it. Think of it this way, one exposure to second hand smoke will not give you cancer or any other negative side effect, your body will have time to heal and not be overwhelmed. Constant exposure or lifetime exposure will do damage.

Now, there are a few things that you never want to be exposed to. This is not one of them. Wearing a mask is safe, and good practice (and good habit), but absolutely unnecessary for this.

If you do feel the need: Dust Mask
True. It doesn't hurt to wear a mask though... :)

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Thu May 19, 2016 8:54 pm

I did it!

That power jack is kind of a bitch to get out. The rest of the components were much easier once i got a hotter soldering iron but the power jack will take more work.

Cannikin

Post by Cannikin » Thu May 19, 2016 9:05 pm

Ganreizu wrote:I did it!

That power jack is kind of a bitch to get out. The rest of the components were much easier once i got a hotter soldering iron but the power jack will take more work.
Looks great!

Photonicide

Post by Photonicide » Mon May 23, 2016 7:48 am

Cannikin wrote:Cut the corners off the Zero and it nestles right in there!
I am liking the way this is coming together! How are you planning on attaching the Pie to the case? Also, do you think it will fit nicely after all of the connections are made to the Pie?

Cannikin

Post by Cannikin » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

Photonicide wrote:I am liking the way this is coming together! How are you planning on attaching the Pie to the case? Also, do you think it will fit nicely after all of the connections are made to the Pie?
Right now I'm using little squares (like 1/4" x 1/4") of this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-414-DC-Ext ... B009NP1JQC It sticks UNBELIEVABLY well, but you can still remove it (with some work) and re-apply if you need to move something. So far the only things that are hotglued are parts that are going to have a lot of pressure applied: the L and R buttons, and my two female USB sockets (one at the Ext. Connector opening and the other in the battery compartment).

I've got a pretty good sized gap between the back of the Pi and the screen's control board once the two halves of the GB are connected so I should be okay. I might even add some male/female header connectors wherever the front and back halves need wires between them, so I can completely separate them if need be.

144TECH

Post by 144TECH » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:53 pm

ok, it works.. but no mini hdmi on the side now, do you have pictures of the case full with all parts ? i like to see that.

Greets
* Very Rare * GBZ 640x480 v3 Stock Looks 6000MAH
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=4863