Charing battery with a Banggood Powerboost

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Kaikai

Charing battery with a Banggood Powerboost

Post by Kaikai » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 am

Hello!

I thought i finished my GBZ build the other day, as it worked great. Booted, controlls works, screen works and everything was a dream. Then the battery ran out of power...

I am using the Banggood Powerboost, and the LEDs are red when i charge and blue when the GBZ is running, but it seems that it is not charging the battery even though the red led is on when micro usb is connected.

I followed this diagram for wiring:

I do not know how to troubleshoot where the problem is, so anyone with ideas on this would be very appreciated :)

HoolyHoo

Re: Charing battery with a Banggood Powerboost

Post by HoolyHoo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:14 am

Kaikai wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:03 am
Hello!

I thought i finished my GBZ build the other day, as it worked great. Booted, controlls works, screen works and everything was a dream. Then the battery ran out of power...

I am using the Banggood Powerboost, and the LEDs are red when i charge and blue when the GBZ is running, but it seems that it is not charging the battery even though the red led is on when micro usb is connected.

I followed this diagram for wiring:

I do not know how to troubleshoot where the problem is, so anyone with ideas on this would be very appreciated :)
You have the switch on the wrong side. It cannot charge the battery when switch is off. Place switch between V+ and your power strip. ;)

Kaikai

Post by Kaikai » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am

Cant wait to get off work and try that out! This forum is full of amazing people. thank you!

Kaikai

Post by Kaikai » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:19 am

Worked like a charm. Thanks got helping out ☺️