Volyme-wheel help

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Wheelbite

Volyme-wheel help

Post by Wheelbite » Sat May 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Hope someone can explain which is which of the pins on this mono potentiometer. "B103" is The printed name in the wheel.
IMG_20170208_220413~2.jpg
IMG_20170208_220413~2.jpg (260.06 KiB) Viewed 7538 times
Thanks! :)

Brandonmel

Re: Volyme-wheel help

Post by Brandonmel » Sat May 06, 2017 4:16 pm

I would like to know what you find out a multimeter is the best way but I'm having trouble connecting it to my actual pie and aio board

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 am

All AIO boards require the 5 pin Stereo volume wheel not the Mono 3 pin one you guys have.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Brandonmel

Post by Brandonmel » Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Helder are there any pictures for the pie 3 and your aio board connected together with the volume wheel I've been looking for about a month now

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat May 27, 2017 6:10 pm

So in that month you never decided to just buy the proper wheel? If you don't see one it's because no one is using the 3 pin wheel like I said. You might be able to connect the stereo output to one pin and the output from that wheel to the 2 output pads on the AIO.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Brandonmel

Post by Brandonmel » Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

I have the right wheel. ive connected It the way the diagram suggest. I have sounds but it's very crackly and the actual wheel doesn't have function

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 pm

Then it's wired wrong, flip the volume wheel and wire it again. The wires should match from top the bottom to the Volume Wheel pads from top to bottom.

Wheelbite

Post by Wheelbite » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Helder wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 am
All AIO boards require the 5 pin Stereo volume wheel not the Mono 3 pin one you guys have.
Been off the project for a long while. But now i am back. I am doing my build just like wermys first guide with no aftermarket parts that have been made for GBZ. Not sure what AIO means but if it is all in one than I am not using it. If anyone knows witch pin is witch please help out. Will try to check with a multimeter but I am a rookie and there for not quite sure how. Will try to figure it out as Ive done so far in my project :)

Tanks! :)
IG: gameboyzeroswe

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 pm

Wheelbite wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 pm
Helder wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 6:52 am
Been off the project for a long while. But now i am back. I am doing my build just like wermys first guide with no aftermarket parts that have been made for GBZ. Not sure what AIO means but if it is all in one than I am not using it. If anyone knows witch pin is witch please help out. Will try to check with a multimeter but I am a rookie and there for not quite sure how. Will try to figure it out as Ive done so far in my project :)

Tanks! :)
IG: gameboyzeroswe
because you've been off for a bit..... will cut you some slack.....

this is really a hardware help issue....
but its always best to have a quick search (you'd be surprised what you'll find)

this might help a little....

http://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 675#p50732