Help wiring audio

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Merlin04

Help wiring audio

Post by Merlin04 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am

I am trying to wire my audio circuit for my GBZ, but I can't figure out how to. Could anyone help me? I am using my own PWM audio board (http://market.sudomod.com/tiny-pi-zero-audio/), an Adafruit mono amp, and an Adafruit breadboard-friendly headphone jack. I also might be able to use the GBA headphone jack.
I haven't been active for a while. I periodically check the forum and blog for interesting projects, but don't post very much.

Lphillimore

Re: Help wiring audio

Post by Lphillimore » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

First of all I would wire the circuit up without the PWM filter, just to test it. Removes one layer of complexity IMO.

Assuming you have also wired the components to your PWM pcb?

Have you wired anything together as yet? If so, fire some pics on...

Another question, are you using Mono audio? If so then you'll only need 1x PWM output from Pi and to amend your Config.txt accordingly.

Merlin04

Post by Merlin04 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 am

I am using mono audio and have assembled my PWM pcb. I would try to wire it together, but I can't figure out how.
I haven't been active for a while. I periodically check the forum and blog for interesting projects, but don't post very much.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am

See below for how I wired my audio. It shows the kitchbent PWM filter in there, but that can just be replaced by the one you have (your should have a L, R, and Ground in, and an out similar to what is seen in my diagram). Let me know if this helps. This was made following wermy's original guide and used the original headphone jack from the gameboy.
My audio setupShow

Merlin04

Post by Merlin04 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks! I will try that when I get a chance.