Cheaper than Teensy

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Cheaper than Teensy

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:25 am

Kilren wrote:
username 123 wrote:This is incredible. What are you looking for in a tester? Just someone that is really active in this project?
Helder, correct me if I'm wrong. But someone that has a completed operational build (GBZ) to immediately test the board, and enough knowledge to trouble shoot the two systems to find, fix, and improve flaws in the board.
Correct I need someone with a partially or complete build that can program the board (should be simple with Arduino IDE and a USB Cable) and has PWM audio setup to test controls as well as the audio output with the Volume wheel which again should work. The design for audio is based off of other member's builds and tests, and like I said a few posts above that this will likely get a revision with a much needed feature but only once the testers have put it through it's paces.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:06 am

Helder wrote:Boards are heading out to the board house but figured I'd show a mockup of this board before I receive it.

I would like to try this! Looks perfect!

If you could spare a pcb only or even just the Gerber files, I can build it in a day or two ( I have a good soldering guy for this job).

Thanks
Thanos

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 am

I'll have a few spare blanks after assembling the 5 I can sell off but you need to get your own parts.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:51 am

Helder wrote:I'll have a few spare blanks after assembling the 5 I can sell off but you need to get your own parts.
Yes, just the pcb, no parts. I have all the parts already from other projects.

I'm in USA, San Diego California.

Thanks
Thanos

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:56 am

I'll contact you once I have the boards, and this version is already obsolete anyways so no biggie as I've started on a newer version with the extra feature that will make the build much easier but testing is still needed on this board before moving into an order on the next version.

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:24 am

Helder wrote:I'll contact you once I have the boards, and this version is already obsolete anyways so no biggie as I've started on a newer version with the extra feature that will make the build much easier but testing is still needed on this board before moving into an order on the next version.
Great. Let me know of shipping cost, to sent you over PayPal.

Thanks
Thanos

username 123

Post by username 123 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:54 am

The built in button hole drill template is genius.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:13 am

So like I mentioned above that version is already obsolete and I have a new one all done up, I won't be ordering it anytime soon till the one before it arrives and gets tested out. So the new version has a built in USB Hub with 4 connections (1 is already wired to the atmega) with 3 available to wire to whatever you want. Don't ask for prices as I've not looked at the overall cost of parts yet, also there will be another test phase for this version so some lucky testers will get one before everyone else when I decide to send out for testing.

SidSilver

Post by SidSilver » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:23 am

OMG ! :o
Great !

just one question, I don't see power output for the usb out.
How will be powered the usb devices ?

If you need testers, I'm interessed :mrgreen:
Last edited by SidSilver on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

username 123

Post by username 123 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 am

I think I'm in love with this board.