Cheaper than Teensy

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Cheaper than Teensy

Post by Helder » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:08 pm

I've had the first revision for a few days now but haven't had time to test it out, but here it is in real life and no mockup. Plan on testing within the next couple days and of course I ordered the wrong Micro USB connectors which is why it's blank.

Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

username 123

Post by username 123 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:59 pm

Man, I would love to test this thing out. It's beautiful.

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Helder wrote:I've had the first revision for a few days now but haven't had time to test it out, but here it is in real life and no mockup. Plan on testing within the next couple days and of course I ordered the wrong Micro USB connectors which is why it's blank.

Can I have one of the spare PCB's if it's possible, to test it? I have all parts needed.

Thanks
Thanos

tronicgr

Post by tronicgr » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi all,

I'll be working on a cheap solution for programming this board via the raspberry itself in command line using avrdude and hooking up a few wires from the raspberry zero to the ISP port of the board.

This way, there is no need to buy additional ISP programmer to load the bootloader. It will be writing the bootloader, program section and fuses in one shot.

Thanks
Thanos

Merlin04

Post by Merlin04 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Helder wrote:So like I mentioned above that version is already obsolete and I have a new one all done up, I won't be ordering it anytime soon till the one before it arrives and gets tested out. So the new version has a built in USB Hub with 4 connections (1 is already wired to the atmega) with 3 available to wire to whatever you want. Don't ask for prices as I've not looked at the overall cost of parts yet, also there will be another test phase for this version so some lucky testers will get one before everyone else when I decide to send out for testing.
Helder, can you post the schematics for the board?
I haven't been active for a while. I periodically check the forum and blog for interesting projects, but don't post very much.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Merlin04 wrote:
Helder wrote:So like I mentioned above that version is already obsolete and I have a new one all done up, I won't be ordering it anytime soon till the one before it arrives and gets tested out. So the new version has a built in USB Hub with 4 connections (1 is already wired to the atmega) with 3 available to wire to whatever you want. Don't ask for prices as I've not looked at the overall cost of parts yet, also there will be another test phase for this version so some lucky testers will get one before everyone else when I decide to send out for testing.
It's a pam8403 circuit and arduiono pro micro circuit (freely available online) integrated into the controller pcb which is also opensource. Look for these schematics and you can build one too.

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Merlin04

Post by Merlin04 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Helder wrote:
Merlin04 wrote:
It's a pam8403 circuit and arduiono pro micro circuit (freely available online) integrated into the controller pcb which is also opensource. Look for these schematics and you can build one too.
I was specifically looking for the USB hub part. I couldn't find an example online for the FE1.1s chip and the documentation for it was a bit confusing for me.
I haven't been active for a while. I periodically check the forum and blog for interesting projects, but don't post very much.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:50 pm

That was a tougher find but I got it from someone who tested and posted the schematic. I'll post it later when I'm home.

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Post by Helder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 pm

Merlin04

Post by Merlin04 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Helder wrote:Here is the schematic:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9b5wr ... SB_Hub.pdf
Thanks!