Screen cover (once again)

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
oinkesfabuloso

Screen cover (once again)

Post by oinkesfabuloso » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

Hi!

I'm on my first Game Boy Zero build and I'd like to design my own screen cover. At the moment, I'm trying to reuse the original screen cover that came with the aftermarket case. To remove the original 4:3 bezel I've used some chemical solvent and it worked great:

Now I need to print some kind of window sticker (with inverted letters, so I can stick it on the inside) but I can't find any file with the exact measurements.

Does anyone have something like this but printable? (If I print the following image at 1:1 scale I get a very big printout)

Cheers!

VeteranGamer

Re: Screen cover (once again)

Post by VeteranGamer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 am

oinkesfabuloso wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:53 am

Does anyone have something like this but printable? (If I print the following image at 1:1 scale I get a very big printout)

Cheers!

if you look around the site, there are plenty of templates....
(maybe search screen surround)

heres just one example....

https://sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4254

besides all you had to do was measure the clear screen surround you have and shrink the image to those dimensions..

NB: also that is someone else design (which they are currently selling) it might be an idea to contact them....

oinkesfabuloso

Re: Screen cover (once again)

Post by oinkesfabuloso » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am

Ok, I see... Thanks, VeteranGamer.

What I've done in the end is to create a new template in Adobe Illustrator with the exact measurements (in Illustrator you can create objects with millimetric precision) so anyone can print their own. I'll upload it to this thread once I've managed to put it to the test.