HubPiwi, anyone seen this?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
skrapps914

HubPiwi, anyone seen this?

Post by skrapps914 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:26 pm

http://referencedesigner.com/blog/pre-o ... piwi/3140/ this looks promising. its a usb hub that sits under the pi zero, which has wifi built into it. I know there are a few people on the forum, working on new pcb boards. i wonder how hard it would be to put wifi into the control board, ive seen the usb hub built in on some already which is awesome

milhouse

Re: HubPiwi, anyone seen this?

Post by milhouse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:14 am

I have, also backed it on Kickstarter and have one on the way at somepoint.

The guy Vikas Shukla also did before a USB hub called the HubPixed which i also backed and have two of, these bolts to the pi with 4 springcontacts for the USB connection. Works quite well, have used a Zero with this and the Raspberry wifi dongle to powered from the laptop to do some coding via ssh on.

Will desolder one of the USB ports for the side access and maybe one of the others to solder the USB keyboard to.

Mark

Ganreizu

Post by Ganreizu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:13 am

My problem with it is that it's on the back of the zero, and the zero is mounted on the top side of the case where there isn't a lot of room to begin with and it's not accessible from the battery window. :/

Robvp

Post by Robvp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:34 am

Ganreizu wrote:My problem with it is that it's on the back of the zero, and the zero is mounted on the top side of the case where there isn't a lot of room to begin with and it's not accessible from the battery window. :/
You could just solder a couple of wires on the testing pads and mount them side by side

milhouse

Post by milhouse » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Thats my plan to solder the wires to lay them out flat.

Some pics of the HubPixi
Attachments
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (617 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG (430.97 KiB) Viewed 5348 times