Tips for screen

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
cobblepot

Tips for screen

Post by cobblepot » Thu May 10, 2018 3:24 am

Can anyone point me to a solid screen available in Europe?
I already ordered a car screen form amazon but I'm also looking for an easy fix if I can't make that one work. There are lots of screens on aliexpress that seem to work on the HDMI output for the Rpi, is there a way to just plug them in and make that fit in the case?

rodocop

Re: Tips for screen

Post by rodocop » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 am

the gearbest screen is the best option I think, for a screen that needs no modification to run on 5V. The link is in the wiki, i'm sure gearbest ships to Europe.

nwycoff37

Post by nwycoff37 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:20 pm

rodocop wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 am
the gearbest screen is the best option I think, for a screen that needs no modification to run on 5V. The link is in the wiki, i'm sure gearbest ships to Europe.
I second this. Don't waste you're time and money on the BW screens. You don't know what you're getting, so its a gamble. Not having to make any modifications is a great benefit.

The Jack of Clubs

Post by The Jack of Clubs » Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm

does the gearbest screen have brightness control? i never see it in pictures with the little control board that the bw screens have.

rodocop

Post by rodocop » Fri May 11, 2018 8:07 am

The Jack of Clubs wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:00 pm
does the gearbest screen have brightness control? i never see it in pictures with the little control board that the bw screens have.
It does not have brightness control, and does not come with the small control board for adjustments. That is it's only downside. Also note, not all BW screens come with adjustment controls either. Some do, some don't.