Battery Question

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
YaYa

Re: Battery Question

Post by YaYa » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:31 pm

the linked battery should be scrap, like 400mAh because it's an AA size battery... they even don't give its capacity.
with the batteries, the rule is simple : the bigger is the packaging, the more power you have (cells in parallel) or the more voltage (cells in series).
The mentioned S2 battery in this thread was bought almost a year ago, maybe it was old, but i'm still getting huge playtimes before recharging it.
With the initial tests, i had 7.5 hours play time. Now i recharge it before the depletion, around every 5 hours which is far more than enough for me.
Follow me on instagram Image

0xF0F0F0

Re: Battery Question

Post by 0xF0F0F0 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:53 pm

I suppose those should have proper capacity when using several. It would be nice since you could simply use the existing battery tray and just use four of those batteries in parallel mode. That would keep things very „original“; and replacements would be easy to get.

I researched a bit and having them parallel may (or may not) cause problems, and you seem to definitely need some kind of protective circuitry, which seems to be pre installed in the cellphone batteries... so one would need to prepare space for that, potentially sacrificing a fourth battery for the circuit.