Anyone ever use the Adafruit USB C breakout board?

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
nwycoff37

Anyone ever use the Adafruit USB C breakout board?

Post by nwycoff37 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I saw that this USB C breakout board was for sale, https://www.tindie.com/products/AWildTy ... o-charger/ but it isn't available anymore :/ also saw the adafruit one on that page https://www.adafruit.com/product/1904. Ill message AWildTyphlosion to see if he'll be restocking. Anyone ever use the adafruit one? Probably won't even fit even in the case tho.

Anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions? I think USB C will look a lot better, and I should be to perfectly dremel the hole to fit. Also faster charging times are always good too.

Using this 4000 Mah aliexpress battery

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BIHUADE ... 97996.html

Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Anyone ever use the Adafruit USB C breakout board?

Post by Helder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:33 pm

They both charge at the same rate it's just a different connector aka the USB C. Anything over 1A charge rate will require an inductor and be larger than these boards just because of that. USB-C in that design will not charge any faster as the author clearly states it in the description.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

nwycoff37

Re: Anyone ever use the Adafruit USB C breakout board?

Post by nwycoff37 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Helder wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:33 pm
They both charge at the same rate it's just a different connector aka the USB C. Anything over 1A charge rate will require an inductor and be larger than these boards just because of that. USB-C in that design will not charge any faster as the author clearly states it in the description.
Gotchya. The adafruit one says that its recommended only for adafruit batts because of the various polarities, voltages, chemistry etc that other batteries could have. Also wouldn't know if it would even fit in the gameboy case even with shaving it down with a dremel. A USB C port on the outside would look nicer I think, and could be shaped out easier on a dremel than the Micro-B usb ports. Even without being able to charge faster. Do you know of any others?