Open Source PCB Files for Gameboy Zero

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Helder
Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Re: Open Source PCB Files for Gameboy Zero

Post by Helder » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:36 pm

Helder is a member on alot of prestigious Retro Forums and that is one that is really cool for people wanting to know where what goes where.
Chat with me and other members On Discord

Don't contact me about obtaining my board files (as you will not get them). If my Boards or PCB Kits are sold out, they will be restocked as soon as I can get them and there is demand for them. You can join the mailing list on my Website to be notified when they are available.

Helder's Game Tech Website

We will not support any cloned work so don't come to us with technical issues to resolve, go talk to the cloner for help.

Nikolett

Post by Nikolett » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:36 am

rlcmtzc12 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 am
I recently designed my own Button PCB for the Gameboy zero with integrated charging circuit and Audio circuit (newer version but not tested yet with safeshutdown). I don´t want to sell the boards or anything because there are already good options out there to buy (and to make your own boards where you have to think about the layout and the parts is really funny, interesting and instuctive) So I thought it would be a good idea to make the design files and gerber files available for everyone who would like to build his own PCB and add some custom stuff. So this is more intended for the DIY people out there, who want to try/test something new rather than these who wan´t right from the beginning a really good working board which you can buy from various members here in the forum. I think the board I designed isn´t a bad starting point and maybe someone is interested in that.

here are some pictures of the board:
SpoilerShow
bottom.png
top.png
pcb_back_soldered.jpg
Here is a link to the build with the board I´m currently doing and more infos about it:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6388

Is this a good idea or do I get someone in the way by giving the boardfiles for free?
I also thought to say that everybody can have the files but if he/she add some functionality he/she has to post the result with the files here in the comments or somewhere in the Forum. (I mean I can´t control that but it would be nice if he/she does that) And also if you use the board/files you should give credit to the person which files you used (if someone else than me edited the board files and uploaded it to the forum)
last the only thing I don´t want is that you use the files to sell the boards.

If this gets approval what would be the best way to publish the files? Here on the forum as an attachment or on github or somewhere else?
Wow thank you for sharing this work !
Long life to open source !

carjufi

Post by carjufi » Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Hello,

I am using this board for my build and I am having power issues. Basically, the GBZ opens and functions normally with power from the battery, but the circuit does not charge it.

I have checked the components and my soldering and I cannot find the problem. When I plug the USB-C I see the red LED, so this tells me the TP4056 is working. For the FS312F, I measure the voltage of OD and OC pins to GND and gives me the current voltage of the battery, I assume that if it gives voltage it is working fine. The last IC is the FS8205 and I have tested it as well and works fine, I thought it was a problem of being inverted when I soldered it, so I changed but nothing powered up. Therefore I solder it back again and the GBZ powers on. I assume then it is working fine.

I really do not understand where is the issue, why it is not charging the battery? Any ideas on how can I check further the components of the circuit?
SpoilerShow

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 pm

carjufi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 pm

I really do not understand where is the issue, why it is not charging the battery? Any ideas on how can I check further the components of the circuit?
SpoilerShow

there's no point making duplicate posts....
you've already posted this in the right section - Support (Game Boy Zero)

also
the original poster hasn't been on the site for months....
i would suggest it might be worth raising a issue on his github page where you downloaded the board files
he may get a notification from there...

carjufi

Post by carjufi » Thu May 14, 2020 12:21 pm

VeteranGamer wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:26 pm
carjufi wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 4:58 pm

SpoilerShow

there's no point making duplicate posts....
you've already posted this in the right section - Support (Game Boy Zero)

also
the original poster hasn't been on the site for months....
i would suggest it might be worth raising a issue on his github page where you downloaded the board files
he may get a notification from there...

Yes, I have sent him email as well but seems he is not into this right now. This question is more specific for schematics that someone else may understand.

VeteranGamer

Post by VeteranGamer » Thu May 14, 2020 3:11 pm

carjufi wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:21 pm
Yes, I have sent him email as well but seems he is not into this right now. This question is more specific for schematics that someone else may understand.

I still think its worth raising an issue on his github....

but you might also want to try the sudomod discord
it has a section for PCB design (you may get a quicker response)

try this
https://discord.gg/8BDrDjQ

thens

Post by thens » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:35 am

@carjufi

Did u solve the problem I was going to use the same pcb board

Steveul

Post by Steveul » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:47 am

I added now some Eagle files for the schematics and working on the pcb layout so you also can get the more common eagle files.

Steveul

Post by Steveul » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:50 am

If this gets approval what would be the best way to publish the files? Here on the forum as an attachment or on github or somewhere else?

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:21 am

Probably put it on github and link it to a post here.