Noob, stuck for code/sketch on Zero Button PCB 4 SprkFun

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
carbore

Noob, stuck for code/sketch on Zero Button PCB 4 SprkFun

Post by carbore » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi, Im in the middle of a build of a GBZ from an eBay kit (Yeh, not best move maybe)

Im stuck when I go to test the Gameboy button Zero Button PCB. Its all wired up correctly and I can upload a sketch OK, but it just doesn't seem to function as a USB keyboard when I test it on my Mac or Pi.

Im been round in circles on forums re the "all in one" which mine isnt, its a no chip flat board.

The sketch i used is the one towards the bottom of the page http://www.sudomod.com/game-boy-zero-guide-part-2/ (where I found you all)

It definitely uploaded ok, no errors once I had the dependences on, but maybe its those so any tips "from scratch" would be fine.

Thanks,

DieselDummy

Re: Noob, stuck for code/sketch on Zero Button PCB 4 SprkFun

Post by DieselDummy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:08 pm

need more details about your micro controller and/or kit

carbore

Post by carbore » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 am

Hi,

Sorry its a Spark Fun Pro Micro (blue board). I have a new line of enquiry as I found a link to this.

https://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1766

Ill update if that works.

McGyver

Post by McGyver » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 am

Please show a picture of your wiring performed. It is important to have a GND connection from this button PCB to the Arduino.
The link you posted: It looks like this Arduino script is NOT emulating a keyboard, just a joystick. Thus you will not get a keyboard emulation when connected to a computer! For an USB keyboard emulation your script should start by this: #include "Keyboard.h"