Sword circuit cm3 vs lite version

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
Foray

Sword circuit cm3 vs lite version

Post by Foray » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:18 am

Hi this is my first post, I have been modding game boys for a few years and want to do a sword circuit build. My question is the difference between + version and the lite version... The way it reads to me the lite version would allow me to have a remote SD card like in a removable game cartridge where the other one (cm3+) does Allow Remote Sd card slot. Am I correct in this understanding? Are there any other differences I’m not catching? - Daniel

ZahcStarKiller

Re: Sword circuit cm3 vs lite version

Post by ZahcStarKiller » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:29 pm

I don’t know about most of the features, but as I understand, the biggest difference between the two is that the Circuit Sword accepts a Pi CM3 (the most powerful current pi in a gameboy), while the lite version only accepts a pi zero. Less performance, but less cost.

rodocop

Re: Sword circuit cm3 vs lite version

Post by rodocop » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:23 pm

the SD card is removable in both (not via the cartridge though). The major difference like noted above is the lite uses a pi zero, while the sword uses a cm3 (compute module). Both have the SD card accessible via the gameboys contrast slot. The link posted above will give you all the info you need to know about both models.