Pi3 power requirements

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
jelkein

Pi3 power requirements

Post by jelkein » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:13 am

Hello everyone!
I finished my first gameboy zero last week and I already started to order parts for an upgraded version. I would like to reuse parts from my first build like the safe shutdown switch along with the Adafruit powerbooster. I am planing to use tinkerBOY’s DPI screen and AIO board. My question is will the Adafruit powerbooster supply enough amps to power a DPI screen, the AIO board and a Pi3 b+/a+?

Any input would be great.
Happy building!

gambino37

Re: Pi3 power requirements

Post by gambino37 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 am

I dont think so. You are better off going with something like Helder's Retro PSU.

infinitLoop

Re: Pi3 power requirements

Post by infinitLoop » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:54 am

yeah, definitely not for all that. i think helder's psu is sold out until the new model comes out tho. tinkerboy's psu should also support that, but i think there are shipping delays currently for him too.

i've used this a couple times recently, but i can't vouch for how well it lasts under load. it is pretty inexpensive, which might be a bad sign, but it says it should do 2A, so it might support what you have listed: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZT3ZW2