Where to get started making a gameboy zero

General GBZ-related chat goes here. Share ideas, tips and tricks, or ask questions that don't fit into the hardware/software help forums.
infinitLoop

Re: Where to get started making a gameboy zero

Post by infinitLoop » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Jaytee#5 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:01 pm
ok, thanks i have taken pocket adventures into consideration, especially since if he does it in usd (i converted it to aud) then it is nearly a fifth of the tinker boy v2.0.1, and it has a headphone jack,

What i am planning to do now is if i can't afford the build i will take out the speaker, because the AIO has a headphone jack, so i can use some ear plugs, i think the main issue is the 5v boost charger, and the actual battery
if you look for 125054 batteries, they will fit in the dmg battery compartment with no modification, and cost around like 15 bucks usd, i think.

speakers are cheap too, just look for a 28mm one or smaller, 4 or 8 ohm. i think you should be able to find those for just a buck or two.

pocketadventures is good, but keep in mind that the ultra button board there doesn't have anything on it like tinkerboy's aio. that's all in the ultra gpio assist, which will be a lot more soldering to the pi. when you combine the gpio and button boards there, it's closer in price (but still cheaper) to tinkerboy's. if the easy setup is important, then tinkerboy is the better option since its just a couple wires for just about everything, but yeah, you'll pay for that.

Jaytee#5

Post by Jaytee#5 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:12 pm

What are the specifications for the battery, does the mAh need to be the same? or can it be different wit the same voltagge?
I am now planning on using the basic PCB with the basic assist. I have already added speakers and volume wheel to my thing, though i am abit confused about how i solder the pcb and assist

Jaytee#5

Post by Jaytee#5 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:47 am

are these the same:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-B103-16x ... 1072.m2109
and
https://www.ebay.com/c/2146318180
i was watching a video and it said to get the bottom one but the top one for me is $2 cheaper

edit: oh nvm i found that i needed a 3 prong volume wheel

infinitLoop

Post by infinitLoop » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:10 am

Mah is the capacity of the battery. That’s essentially just how long it will last / how many components it will support.

The connections on those pcb and button board are pretty straight forward. A > A, X > X, Start > Start, etc. check out my BMO build for instance: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8704#p77536

Jaytee#5

Post by Jaytee#5 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 pm

ok thanks!