Delta's GBZ

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
DeltaShadow

Delta's GBZ

Post by DeltaShadow » Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Hey all I just wanted to show where I am at
IMG_1214.JPG
IMG_1214.JPG (425.27 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG (483.65 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
Case is apart however have ran into a problem only have like 4 screws... all phillips looking into a way of getting more as I bought this as parts on ebay... I think that I may be able to find something in my box of extra computer screws
IMG_1217.JPG
IMG_1217.JPG (510.78 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG (614.87 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
Was a bit worried that the screen that I got wouldn't work even though I got it from niceshopping, because my board is different from many of the others that I have seen but i just plugged it into a 5v power-cord from another device and it still worked the same as when I had a 12v power-source connected to it.
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 9725 times
Battery compartment turned out really nice and I like how clean I was able to get it to look which was really hard as my dremel is very cheap and gets stuck a lot
IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 9725 times
I left a bezel in the screen area as I know that if you clear all of the whole thing out will be too big plus I am planning on putting some sort of screen protector over the opening. Made the bezel by cutting a small amount short of what I wanted and then flat filing until I was please with the result which is hard because I am so picky. Really helped to use the lines that are already in the case for guides.

Will be working on part 2 this weekend if I have time hopefully and begin messing with my pi zero too

crispy_tofu

Re: Delta's GBZ

Post by crispy_tofu » Thu May 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Very cool, looks good so far! :)

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Thu May 05, 2016 9:13 pm

crispy_tofu wrote:Very cool, looks good so far! :)
Thanks was going to try my hand at trying to bring my case back to factory color but then I got distracted and forgot so will try tomorrow.

ktechelonbreak

Post by ktechelonbreak » Thu May 05, 2016 9:29 pm

I like the protective screen cover. I saved the cover from mine and hoping to cut it down to fit like yours. Any tips on cutting it with normal tools or dremel?

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Fri May 06, 2016 5:47 am

ktechelonbreak wrote:I like the protective screen cover. I saved the cover from mine and hoping to cut it down to fit like yours. Any tips on cutting it with normal tools or dremel?
I took and made a line with a sharpie and of about where I wanted to have the bezel then I took my cutting wheel and cut so I was close to the line but not quite there then took a cheap file that I got in a set like this http://www.amazon.com/ToolUSA-140mm-Dia ... ewler+file that I got from a local hardware store and used the square looking one all the way to the left in the picture and proceeded to file until I had a nice strait edge (I was constantly checking it against edge) and repeated on each side.

Also if you look on the inside of the case there are lines molded into the case I used these to help me get a nice clean looking edge.

Remember you can always file it more to make the opening bigger so if you are nervous about cutting too much you can play it safe and cut less and file more. Can't uncut something.

Rod2D2

Post by Rod2D2 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:50 pm

DeltaShadow wrote:
ktechelonbreak wrote:I like the protective screen cover. I saved the cover from mine and hoping to cut it down to fit like yours. Any tips on cutting it with normal tools or dremel?
I took and made a line with a sharpie and of about where I wanted to have the bezel then I took my cutting wheel and cut so I was close to the line but not quite there then took a cheap file that I got in a set like this http://www.amazon.com/ToolUSA-140mm-Dia ... ewler+file that I got from a local hardware store and used the square looking one all the way to the left in the picture and proceeded to file until I had a nice strait edge (I was constantly checking it against edge) and repeated on each side.

Also if you look on the inside of the case there are lines molded into the case I used these to help me get a nice clean looking edge.

Remember you can always file it more to make the opening bigger so if you are nervous about cutting too much you can play it safe and cut less and file more. Can't uncut something.
Looking good so far. FYI KirchBent has clear DMG-01 screen covers with no border. They also come with or without adhesive. I was planning on doing a bezel and adding a clear cover as well. Maybe you can use the clear cover and add a cell phone screen protector to keep it looking good over time. Better than trying to custom make a screen.

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Sat May 07, 2016 5:56 am

Rod2D2 wrote:
DeltaShadow wrote:

Looking good so far. FYI KirchBent has clear DMG-01 screen covers with no border. They also come with or without adhesive. I was planning on doing a bezel and adding a clear cover as well. Maybe you can use the clear cover and add a cell phone screen protector to keep it looking good over time. Better than trying to custom make a screen.
can you send me a link?

crispy_tofu

Post by crispy_tofu » Sat May 07, 2016 6:06 am

DeltaShadow wrote: can you send me a link?
I believe Rod2D2 is talking about this: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/re ... nt-screens
:D

DeltaShadow

Post by DeltaShadow » Sat May 07, 2016 6:09 am

crispy_tofu wrote:
I believe Rod2D2 is talking about this: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/re ... nt-screens
:D[/quote]
Thank you that is great im going to order one soon I think