ELUDE's GBZ [30% complete]

Show off your completed Game Boy Zero, or post your build logs here!
PotaTox

Re: ELUDE's GBZ [15% complete]

Post by PotaTox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 pm

eludebear wrote:Also not sure If this is just how the screens are? Maybe I got a bad one or I didn't solder it all the way but when the screen is completely black theres quite a bit of white wavy movement going on the screen but once it goes to something like the RetroPie logo its not noticeable.
I get that too, I don't think it is a screen issue because I even get it on HDMI, and I only get it at specific times, not when the screen is simply black. Probably a software bug.

PotaTox

Post by PotaTox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:25 pm

eludebear wrote: Heres what the screen looked like before it had a lot of white static going on, hard to see in just a picture but it also was kinda flickering.

Thanks to @ChunkeeMonkee we had the same screen variant for BW and said placing the bypass would fix it. Also this was a PIT to solder, showed my fingers to scale of how tiny this board is. Soldering to the chip on the right turned out way easier than jumping the two red cables kept having issues with the blob of solder moving around... Finally got it though, and was a success! Hard to tell from this picture but the quality is way better now.
What did you do exactly? I have the same variant, and I don't suffer from that much noise, but if it helps, I'll take it.

eludebear

Post by eludebear » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:50 pm

PotaTox wrote:
eludebear wrote: Heres what the screen looked like before it had a lot of white static going on, hard to see in just a picture but it also was kinda flickering.

Thanks to @ChunkeeMonkee we had the same screen variant for BW and said placing the bypass would fix it. Also this was a PIT to solder, showed my fingers to scale of how tiny this board is. Soldering to the chip on the right turned out way easier than jumping the two red cables kept having issues with the blob of solder moving around... Finally got it though, and was a success! Hard to tell from this picture but the quality is way better now.
What did you do exactly? I have the same variant, and I don't suffer from that much noise, but if it helps, I'll take it.
http://www.sudomod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1106

You have to make this jumper cable that makes it run better off of the 5v. Was pretty easy to do just check the wiki if you have the same V7 as i do just solder it the same and it will run much better.

Also for the text you need to load in your SD card into a computer and change the resolution which is also posted in the same thing.

My screen didn't run bad but it didnt look perfect. After doing both of these it looks very very good.